Title: Network of Excellence on Aspect-Oriented Software Development
Start date: 01-09-2005
End date: 31-03-2009
Aspect-Oriented Software Development (AOSD) supports systematic identification, modularisation, representation and composition of crosscutting concerns such as security, mobility, distribution and resource management. Its potential benefits include improved ability to reason about the problem domain and corresponding solution; reduction in application code size, development costs and maintenance time; improved code reuse; architectural and design level reuse by separating non-functional concerns from key business domain logic; improved ability to engineer product lines; application adaptation in response to context information and better modelling methods across the lifecycle.
AOSD-Europe will harmonise and integrate the research, training and dissemination activities of its members in order to address fragmentation of AOSD activities in Europe and strengthen innovation in areas such as aspect-oriented analysis and design, formal methods, languages and applications of AOSD techniques in ambient computing. Through this harmonisation, integration and development of essential competencies, the AOSD-Europe network of excellence aims to establish a premier virtual European research centre on AOSD.
The virtual research centre will synthesise the collective viewpoints, expertise, research agendas and commercial foci of its member organisations into a vision and pragmatic realisation of the application of AOSD technologies to improve fundamental quality attributes of software systems, especially those critical to the information society. It will also act as an interface and a centralised source of information for other national and international research groups, industrial organisations and governmental bodies to access the members’ work and enter collaborative initiatives. The existence of such a premier research base will strengthen existing European excellence in the area.
Participants from TRESE
- -Mehmet Akşit
- -Klaas van den Berg
- -Lodewijk Bergmans
- -Arend Rensink
- -Bedir Tekinerdogan
- -Boris Shishkov
- -Tom Staijen
- -Wilke Havinga
All Publications by project 'Network of Excellence on Aspect-Oriented Software Development'
- Analysis of Crosscutting in Early Software Development Phases based on Traceability (Klaas van den Berg, José María Conejero, Juan Hernández) Pages 73-104, 2007
- A Graph-Transformation-Based Semantics for Analysing Aspect Interference (Tom Staijen, Arend Rensink) Workshop on Graph Computation Models, 2006
- An Abstract Metamodel for Aspect Languages (Wilke Havinga, Tom Staijen, Arend Rensink, Lodewijk Bergmans, Klaas van den Berg) Open and Dynamic Aspect Languages Workshop, 2006
- An Abstract Metamodel for Aspect Languages (Wilke Havinga, Tom Staijen, Arend Rensink, Lodewijk Bergmans, Klaas van den Berg) Technical report, CTIT, 2006
- Analysis of crosscutting across software development phases based on traceability (Klaas van den Berg, Jose Maria Conejero, Juan Hernández) Early Aspects at ICSE2006: Workshop in Aspect-Oriented Requirements Engineering and Architecture Design, 2006
- Disentangling Crosscutting in AOSD: Formalization based on a Crosscutting Pattern (José María Conejero , Klaas van den Berg, Juan Hernández) Jornadas de Ingenieria del Software y Bases de Datos, 2006
- Identification of Crosscutting in Software Design (Klaas van den Berg, José María Conejero, Juan Hernández) 8th International Workshop on Aspect-Oriented Modeling, 2006
- Identification of Crosscutting in Software Design (Presentation at the 8th International Workshop on Aspect-Oriented Modeling, Bonn) (Klaas van den Berg) , 2006
- A Conceptual Formalization of Crosscutting in AOSD (Klaas van den Berg, Jose Maria Conejero) DSOA'2005 Iberian Workshop on Aspect Oriented Software Development, 2005
- AOSD Ontology 1.0 - Public Ontology of Aspect-Orientation (Klaas van den Berg, Jose Maria Conejero, Ruzanna Chitchyan ) Technical report, AOSD-Europe, 2005
- Disentangling Crosscutting in AOSD: A Conceptual Framework (Klaas van den Berg, Jose Maria Conejero) EIWAS2005 European Interactive Workshop on Aspect-Orientation, 2005
- Integrated Software Architecture Specification Approach (Ivan Krechetov, Bedir Tekinerdogan) Technical report, University of Twente, 2005
- Introducing a graduate course on Aspect-Oriented Software Development (Bedir Tekinerdogan) International Journal of Engineering Education, 2005
- Reasoning About Semantic Conflicts Between Aspects (Pascal Durr, Tom Staijen, Lodewijk Bergmans, Mehmet Aksit) EIWAS 2005: 2nd European Interactive Workshop on Aspects in Software, 2005