When you are planning to study abroad, it is important that you have enough financial resources to pay for your travels and stay abroad.

Consult your bank on how to most easily and inexpensively access your money while being abroad. In most cases, a debit card (‘bankpas') with PIN-code will be sufficient, in some cases you need to activate your debit card to be able to pay abroad or you might even need a credit card. 


The University of Twente offers some scholarships for study abroad.

You will automatically enter the application procedure for a scholarship (Erasmus+ for inside EU or TMF for outside the EU) after your stay abroad period has been approved in Mobility Online. This approval will be done after two requirements have been met: your preliminary course list has been approved, and the partner university has accepted your application.  More information regarding your eligibility to these scholarships and other available scholarships can be found on this website.

Of course there are alternative options for financing. Two good options to start looking are:

Public transport card (OV / 'Studentenreisproduct')

As you cannot make use of your public transport card (OV / ‘Studentenreisproduct) you can choose to convert your public transport card into a financial compensation during your stay abroad. For more information and how to apply check the DUO website