Vacancies: I do not have vacancies at the moment.
Scholarships: I will support applications for scholarship programmes:
- For students from China, CSC scholarships
- For students from NFP countries, I will support your application for the Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP) (next dead-line October 6, 2015)
- Other programmes of your choice.
What I expect from the candidates: I am looking for talented motivated students with degree in mathematics, applied mathematics, and possibly computer science or other technical sciences with strong mathematical background. If you want apply for a scholarship to do PhD with me, please send me by e-mail the following documents:
- Motivation letter
- List of courses and grades (in English, Russian or Dutch)
I will base my selection mainly upon your motivation, background and achievements. I will pay much less attention to the rating of your university.
Why to do your PhD with me:
- Network Science is a hot topic with exciting theory and applications.
- I have many top-level international collaborations in mathematics, physics and computer science.
- Stochastic Operations Research group at the University of Twente has many PhD students in different areas. A lively stimulating environment is guaranteed!
- PhD programme in the Netherlands is very strong. You will follow interesting courses. If you do well in research, you will graduate after 4 years with several papers and excellent prospective.
- My students’ growth and career is my top priority.