The department of Applied Mathematics has three task forces: the task force Analysis and Linear Algebra and the task force Modelling and the task force Statistics and Probability.
The task force has in depth discussions about the education in the respective field and discusses practical matters like exams, pass rates, choice of materials etc.
A task force consists of a chairman and several members. The chairman assures progress is being achieved and usually functions as chair. The programme director is a member of all task forces.
- Determining the content requirements for education in the field
- Choice of study materials
- Monitoring the pass rates of the courses
- Evaluation of the exam (level, pass rate, originality) not withstanding the legal task of the Examination Board.
- Making a comparison to similar courses at other TUs
- Yearly evaluation