Automatic detection of photographing or filming
Type: Bachelor EE/CreaTe
If you are interested please contact :
This assignment is part of a project that studies the feasibility of wearable technology that can prevent unwanted photographing or filming. The overall goal is to develop wearables, e.g. glasses, a necklace, or a hat, that can detect that cameras are pointed towards to the wearer and that can prevent that the wearer is being photographed or filmed without consent. The feasibility study is split into three parts, each corresponding to an assignment:
- Automatic detection of photographing or filming.
- Inhibition of photo and film cameras.
- Design of the wearable and ethical aspects.
The goal of this assignment is, based on the technology (that is foreseen to be) developed in the assignments Automatic detection of photographing or filming and Inhibition of photo and film cameras, to design a wearable that can prevent unwanted photographing or filming. Aspects to be addressed in this research are:
- The type of wearable (glasses, necklace, cap).
- Signal processing platform: dedicated chip, algorithms running on a smartphone.
- Usability aspects: Types of users. How does the user appreciate the device?
- Ethical aspects: Is this a desirable solution? Are we filming the filmers? Storage of material. Unwanted side effects.
- Alternative use cases, e.g. museums, cinemas, concert halls. Applications that only require Automatic detection of photographing or filming.