Blackboard facilitates the creation of online course environments.
This page contains manuals and video tutorials that can help you while creating your course environment. Also, information is provided about available apps for mobile use of Blackboard, as well as instruction about Ephorus assignments in Blackboard (plagiarism detection).
Video tutorials made by Blackboard can be found on this YouTube page
A selection of some basic useful tutorials:
- Getting Oriented with Blackboard Learn
- Hiding courses in My Courses
- How To Design Your Course Entry Point
- How to Quickly Jump From One Blackboard Course to Another
- Using the content editor
- How to embed a YouTube video (mashup)
- Using the Blackboard Calendar
- How To Create a Test in Blackboard Learn
- How to use Blackboard Discussions
- How to Create Discussion Board Forums
- How to Customize the Grade Center
- Creating Smart views in the Grade Center
- How to Download and Upload Grades from the Grade Center
Ephorus is used to prevent and detect plagiarism. Students are less likely to commit plagiarism if they know that their work will be checked by a plagiarism detection tool, and if they do, Ephorus will let you know. The results of the check are returned to you in the Ephorus report, a concise display of the similarities between a submitted document and found sources. Ephorus searches in:sources publicly available on the Internet; the UT Ephorus database, containing all (not confidential) documents submitted earlier; scientific publications (including journals) from publishers Elsevier, Springer and Oxford University Press. Ephorus can be used within Blackboard as well as outside of Blackboard:
The app Blackboard Instructor is available for iOS and Android.
- Help info about Blackboard Instructor
- Blackboard Instructor in Google Play store
- Blackboard Instructor in iTunes
In addition to this, the app Bb Grader for instructors is intended for viewing and grading assignments. This app is only available on iPad Air, iPad mini, and iPad 2, 3, or 4 (iOS 7 or higher).