Researchers have long known that health and happiness go together. Studies show how individuals can actively influence their own health and well-being. Numerous interventions and techniques, often with the help of technology, have been developed to help promoting a healthy lifestyle. In this track, we will address a couple of questions: What role can technology play to support health and well-being? What makes people happy? How can we change unhealthy behavior? Inspired by insights from health psychology, positive psychology, communication sciences, and eHealth, this course will help you address these questions. You will work on several cases related to health and well-being, with the ultimate goal to boost health, both physically and mentally.
Together with other participants you will discover and learn more about these topics:
- Attendees will learn about positive psychology, health psychology and technology linked to wellbeing
- Attendees will gain knowledge about how to improve health and happiness in various settings (workplace, schools, healthcare)
- Attendees will learn how to translate their gained knowledge into creating an intervention to improve health and happiness
- Knowing how to improve health and well-being in several areas
- Designing technological interventions to improve health and well-being
- Applying knowledge from health psychology, positive psychology, communication sciences, and eHealth to improve health and well-being
- Methods: Discussions, lectures, workshops
- Course level: Beginner's/Intermediate/Advanced
- Target group: Everyone with an interest in technological interventions with a human touch to improve health and well-being.
- Required knowledge: Interest in health and well-being.
- External speaker: tbc
- Course leaders: tbc
- Credits: 2 ECTS for successfully completing the summer school