Always check the terms and conditions before using materials.
Do you need help searching, or do you have suggestions for additions to this list? Contact your information specialist.
- Stanford’s Engineering Everywhere (10 Engineering courses)
- Wisc-online (Online videos about various disciplines)
- Free techbooks (Textbooks and Lecture notes on CS and EE
- MOOEC (OERs for studying the English language)
- Ethics education library (Ethics in various disciplines (multiple case studies)
- Ethics in mental health (Case studies)
Massive Online Open Courses (MOOCs) are about more than individual digital resources. They offer complete courses, using combinations of various education methods; e.g. video lectures, exercises and discussions. You can find more information on MOOCs on this website (Dutch only).
Always check the terms and conditions before using materials. The portals mentioned below offer MOOCS that are free of charge, however, a fee may be charged for certification/ examination.
Open Educational Resources (OERs) are online digital education tools that are freely available for (re)use. Copying, editing and distributing this material is allowed on certain conditions. Every type of educational material that is available both digitally and freely can be classified as an Open Digital Resource. You can find more information on the use of Open Educational Resources at the SURF Special Interest Group Education (Dutch only).
Always check the terms and conditions before using materials
- Open education consortium (Multidisciplinary, originating from over 70 institutes, mainly universities)
- Merlot.org (Multidisciplinary, peer-reviewed)
- Academic Earth (Multidisciplinary, American Universities)
- Jorum (Multidisciplinary, originating mainly from British Universities)
- Open Education Europa (European portal for finding MOOCS and OERS)
- Khan Academy (Multidisciplinary, but with a focus on natural sciences and mathematics)
- Connexions (Multidisciplinary)