Below you will find an overview of some of the most popular upcoming (open) calls for the UT research community, based on past applications and UT research focus themes. The list is NOT meant to be exhaustive.
Please be aware that Horizon 2020 will be finishing in 2020.
- SU-AI01-2020: Developing a research roadmap regarding Artificial Intelligence in support of Law Enforcement (deadline 27 August 2020)
- SU-AI02-2020 Secure and resilient Artificial Intelligence technologies, tools and solutions in support of Law Enforcement and citizen protection, cybersecurity operations and prevention and protection against adversarial Artificial Intelligence (deadline 27 August 2020)
- SU-AI03-2020: Human factors, and ethical, societal, legal and organisational aspects of using Artificial Intelligence in support of Law Enforcement (deadline 27 August 2020)
- SU-DRS02-2018-2019-2020: Technologies for first responders (deadline 27 August 2020)
- C-SC3-CC-9-2020: Industrial (Waste) Heat-to-Power conversion (deadline 1 September 2020)
- Green Deal call: expected deadline January 2021
- MSCA-IF-2020: Marie- Skłodowska Curie Individual Fellowships (deadline 9 September 2020)
- MSCA-COFUND-2020: Co-funding of regional, national and international programmes (deadline 29 September 2020)
- ERC Advanced Grant (deadline 26 August 2020)
The ERC Scientific Council is sharing its tentative planning for the 2021-2022 ERC calls for proposals. As of now, the following intended timetable has been presented:
Starting Grant 2021
12 Jan 2021
9 March 2021
Consolidator Grant 2021
21 Jan 2021
20 April 2021
Advanced Grant 2021
20 May 2021
31 Aug 2021
These dates are still subject to change. We count on a few months' delay, as budget negotiations and Horizon Europe plans are still ongoing and somehow delayed. Still, it is good to take the dates provided as guideline for earliest dates to-be-expected (and avoid surprises).
Please be aware that a number of NWO calls have been delayed due to the COVID-19 disruptions .
- NWO Open Competition - SSH: submission of pre-proposals (deadline 16 January 2020); upon invitation only, submission of full proposals (deadline 10 September 2020)
- Accelerating Scientific Discovery (ASDI): submission of pre-proposals (deadline 25 June 2020); upon invitation only, submission of full proposals (deadline 22 October 2020)
- Innovative eScience Technologies (eTEC): submission of pre-proposals (deadline 25 June 2020); upon invitation only, submission of full proposals (deadline 22 October 2020)
- NWO Open Competition Science - XS: deadline 1 September 2020
- Open Mind: deadline 8 September 2020
- Perspectief 2019/2020: upon invitation only, submission Phase 3 Program proposal 8 September 2020
- NWA Science Communication: deadline 22 September 2020
- Urbanising Deltas of the World - Connecting Worlds of Knowledge: deadline 1 October 2020
- Human Measurement Models 2.0 for health research on diseases and prevention: deadline 3 November 2020
- Incentive Funds for Women in STEM: first come, first serve (funds close 31 December 2020)
There are several internal grant opportunities offered by the University of Twente for its researchers to collaborate with hospitals in the region or private enterprises.
- UT-WWU Strategic collaboration grant: October 5th 2020 17:00
- Twente University RadBoudumc Opportunities (TURBO): deadline 6 July 2020
- Connecting Industies: closed for 2020
More grants and calls can be found using Research Professional.