These are instructions for Xerox Multifunctional printers (MFP). To print more from your own computer to a MFP of the UT the printer must be installed. These instructions explain how to do that.
- These instructions were written for Mac OS 11.6.2 or higher. The steps for earlier editions of Mac OS are virtually identical, but the illustrations could differ slightly.
- Make sure no Follow-Me printer is already installed.
- This manual uses a consistent style of writing: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
You will need the following:
- An established internet connection.
- An ICT-account. This is your UT email address with associated password.
- An activated employee- or student card. If you have not yet activated it on the MFP, do so first. How to do this is described in the manual ‘Register college-/employee card'.
STEP 1: DRIVERS
- Download the drivers here (select your operating system from the list).
- Install the drivers following the wizard.
- When at step Select Printer, click Continue.
- Click Continue in the top of the screen.
- Finish and close the wizard.
STEP 2: PRINT AND SCAN
- Open System Preferences.
- Click Printers & Scanners.
STEP 3: ADD PRINTER
- Click the + sign.
- Click Add Printer or Scanner…
STEP 4: TOOLBAR CUSTOMIZATION
- Right-click the toolbar.
- Click Customize Toolbar.
STEP 5: ADVANCED
- Drag Advanced to the toolbar.
- Click Done.
STEP 6: Internet Printing Protocol (HTTPS)
- Click Advanced.
- Next to Type select Internet Printing Protocol (https).
- Next to Device select Another device.
- Next to URL enter: https://printservice.utwente.nl/printers/follow-me/.printer
- Next to Name enter: Follow-Me.
- Next to Location enter: UT.
- Next to Use click Select Software.
- Select Xerox WorkCentre 7835.
- Click Add.
STEP 7: finisher
Select Office Finisher LX at Finisher and click OK.
When printing for the first time on the Follow-Me printer, your credentials are required.
- Next to Name enter your UT email address.
- Next to Password enter your password.
- Check Remember this password in my keychain.
- Click OK.