This manual describes how you, or one of your guests, can get connected to the wireless network eduroam of the University of Twente. This wireless network covers the entire university campus and offers you all the facilities that are also available via the wired network.
- Make sure WLAN is turned on.
- This manual uses a consistent style of writing:
- references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics,
- information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
Step 1: Wireless network settings
- Open the list of wireless networks on the upper right corner of your screen
- Click on eduroam
Step 2: Wireless network configuration
- Fill in the following information:
- Wireless security: WPA & WPA2 Enterprise
- Authentication : Tunnelled TLS
- Anonymous identity: enter your UT e-mail address.
- The CA certificte can be found in /etc/ssl/certs
- Inner authentication: MSCHAPv2
- Username: your UT e-mail address
- Password: your password
BEWARE: don’t click on Connect
Step 3: select a certificate
- Click at CA certificate on none
- Click left on File System
- Then click successively click on etc ssl certs (see the black circle in the screenshot below)
- Click on ca-certificates.crt
- Click on Open
Step 4: Connecting to the network
- Click on Connect
A connection to eduroam will be made.