As an employee of the UT you will receive an employee card. You can use this card to identify yourself and use a number of facilities at the UT, which are explained below. The employee card is a strictly personal card, showing your employee number (m number) and your photo that you submitted when arranging your contract.
When arranging your appointment at the UT, you should have uploaded your passport photo in AFAS (myhr.utwente.nl). This photo will be put on your card. You can have your card printed and picked up at the ICT Service Desk on the O&O square. Contact the ICT Service Desk to have your card printed (firstname.lastname@example.org or 053-489 5577), and they will let you know when your card is ready for pick-up.
If your card is broken or if you have lost it, you can have a new employee card made via the ICT Service Desk. To replace your photo by a more recent one, send the image to the ICT Servicedesk (email@example.com) by email. Your old card needs to be blocked in the event of loss or theft. Central security can arrange this for you (firstname.lastname@example.org or 053-489 2134).
With your employee card you can use the following facilities:
- Coffee machines: With your card you can get free coffee at the employee coffee machines in all UT buildings. Within two or three working days after collecting the card, it is automatically activated for the coffee machines.
- Access to sports and cultural activities: You can have subscriptions added to your card for the use of sports and cultural activities. Some are free of charge for employees. See www.utwente.nl/campuscard.
- Library card University Library: your card is automatically activated for the library. For more information about the University Library, see www.utwente.nl/library.
- Building access: In AFAS (myhr.utwente.nl) you enter your building and room number in the 'workplace information' section. You are automatically authorised for the building entered there with your employee card on office days. For details on days/times and other availble rights per department please see the access/authorisation page.
- Printing: You can print in all UT buildings with your card. Please note: some printers are for employees, others for students. You can recognise the student printers by a payment terminal at the printer. The first time you scan your employee card at the printer, an instruction sheet will for the so called follow-me printing system will be printed. For details see all printing manuals.