Work permit

In addition to a visa or residence permit, some foreign employees may need a working permit.

The rules and procedures for working permits have been laid down in the Foreign Nationals Employment Act (WAV). The University of Twente applies for a working permit from the Dutch Employment Insurance Agency.

A working permit remains valid for a maximum period of three years. Foreign employees who have had a permit for working in paid employment for three years without interruption are in most cases eligible for a residence permit from the Immigration and Naturalisation Service, marked "employment is permitted". A working permit is in that case no longer necessary.

Can we help you?
HR International Service Team
Location: Spiegel 5th floor

A working permit is required for

A working permit is not required for the following categories

A worling permit is required for the following categories