To add a Yubico Fido2 security key as a Multi-Factor Authentication method, follow the guide below.
- The manual is written for employees, students and x-accounts.
- A Multi-Factor Authentication method (app, SMS) must already be set up.
- You must be in possession of a Yubico Fido2 security key.
- This manual uses a consistent style of writing: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
- Place the Fido2 key correctly in the USB port with the sensor facing up.
- Go to https://mysignins.microsoft.com and select Add method. Select Security key and choose Add. Approval may be requested.
- Select USB device and click Next to set the security key. Select Next/OK in the following screens until a PIN needs to be set or entered.
- Create a new PIN code (and remember it!) or enter an already set PIN code. Put your finger on the security key (2x when a new PIN code has been created) and then enter a name.
- Click Done to finish adding the security key.