The latest Edge browser (based on Chromium) is available in UT’s Software Center on all UT-managed workspaces running Windows 10. Installing the new Edge will automatically remove the legacy Edge. The new Edge is faster, offers better security, more privacy settings and more control.
This manual is written for windows. This manual uses a consistent style of writing: references to text and buttons on screens are printed in italics, information that you have to enter yourself is printed in bold.
Installing Microsoft Edge
- Open the Software Center from the start menu.
- Under Applications search for Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the application and choose Install
- Start the new browser after the installation is finished. The first time some settings need to be adjusted.
- Click on Get started
- On the next page click Confirm. The tab page can be changed later.
- Choose Continue without Signing-in
Now you are ready to use the new Edge browser.