Date: 11 July 2015
1. These General Terms and Conditions apply to the ‘WELCOME TO OUR WORLD. NOW SHOW US YOURS!’ competition (hereinafter: ‘the Competition’) organized by the University of Twente (hereinafter: ‘the UT’).
2. The object of this Competition is to give away one city trip with a value of €450 to an admitted preliminary enrolee (admitted no later than mid-June 2015) at the University of Twente (hereinafter: ‘the Prize’), with a maximum of 2,500 participants.
3. To take part, recipients of the t-shirt sent by the UT must upload a selfie in which the t-shirt containing the text ‘UNIVERSITY OF ME, YOU AND THE WORLD’ is clearly visible. One winner will be selected from among all entries submitted based on the originality of the entry. The winner will win a city trip for two people to an inspiring world city, including an optional visit to one of the UT’s partner universities. The city trip will have a maximum value of €450.
4. Photos should be uploaded following the instructions on utwente.nl/go/shirt.
5. This Competition runs from 13 July 2015 up to and including 31 August 2015.
6. The University of Twente reserves to the right to terminate the Competition or to change the terms and conditions of the Competition at any time and without statement of reasons. An amended version of the Competition General Terms and Conditions will be posted on ‘utwente.nl/go/shirt’ together with the version date.
7. By taking part in the Competition, the participant agrees to the content of these Competition General Terms and Conditions. The participant further agrees to the general terms and conditions of Facebook, which shall continue to apply in full in addition to these General Terms and Conditions.
8. Participation in this Competition is free of charge and reserved to persons who receive a t-shirt containing the text ‘UNIVERSITY OF ME, YOU AND THE WORLD’ from the UT. Employees of the University of Twente and any other persons involved in the organization of the Competition in any way, whether directly or indirectly, are excluded from participation in this Competition.
9. The data required for participation shall become the property of the University of Twente and will not be sold or supplied to third parties. These data are subject to the Dutch Personal Data Protection Act (Wet Bescherming Persoonsgegevens).
10. By taking part in this Competition, participants give the University of Twente permission to use their name and/or the photographs they submit for the promotional purposes of this Competition.
11. The deadline for entries is Monday 31 August 2015.
12. By submitting an entry, participants renounce all intellectual property rights. Upon submission, any copyright on the entries is automatically transferred by the participant to the University of Twente.
13. The organizer reserves the right to exclude participants in the event of suspected or confirmed fraud or unlawful manipulation of the Competition.
14. Participants guarantee that the data they provide are accurate and complete.
15. After the end of the submission period an independent jury will select one winning entry from among all those submitted based on the appeal or originality of the entry. The winner will be announced on the Facebook page of ‘utwente.nl/go/shirt’ by no later than 1 October 2015. The UT will contact the winner.
16. The jury’s decision will be final and not subject to debate.
17. The Prize is not redeemable for cash and is personal and therefore not transferrable to anyone else.
18. There is no replacement value for a Prize that is refused or not claimed by a winner. If refused, the Prize will revert to the University of Twente.
19. The University of Twente is not responsible or liable for any additional expenses and/or travel costs that the winner may be required to pay in connection with their participation in this Competition and with the acceptance, use or improper use of the Prize.
20. The University of Twente is not liable for any damage that may result from the Prize awarded, nor for any damage or injury whatsoever to property and/or persons as a result of the use or application of the awarded Prizes.
21. Neither the University of Twente nor the office can be held responsible for network, computer hardware or software disruptions of any nature whatsoever that result in the limited or delayed submission or loss of entries.
22. The University of Twente is not responsible or liable for faults in the Prize that it awards. The University of Twente provides no guarantees in respect of the prize that it awards.
23. All questions, complaints and/or comments regarding this Competition should be sent via email to the University of Twente at: email@example.com.
24. This Competition is governed by Dutch law.