Applications open: 01 February 2018
Applications close: 15 March 2018
The funding application and nomination process for both programmes are partially executed by the Dutch institution.
Application for a MSP scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry. Regardless of funding you will need to register and be found academically accepted for a course first.
To apply for MSP funding please make sure your academic application reaches us well before any MSP deadline for academic assessment may take ample time. You need to be academically acceptable to be able to apply for most types of funding.
For short courses offered by the faculty ITC please consult ITC’s study pages at www.itc.nl/study. These pages contain all information needed to prepare you for the academic application process. If you seek funding via OKP (NFP) or MSP to study at ITC you must academically apply via the ITC coursefinder first. Find the course that matches your interest and matches up with your academic background and/or field of interest, and register. This will lead you to our Digital Application Form (DAF). One of our student registrars will process your academic application.
To be considered for a provisional nomination you must be found eligible/unconditionally admitted by the University of Twente. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- You are a mid-career professional (up to 45 years of age);
- You are academically accepted by the UT and have obtained a (provisional) letter of admittance to the short course;
- You can apply MSP when you live and work in one of the countries on the MSP country list;
- You have to be nominated by your employer to be provisionally considered for a nomination for either programme. This means you will need to provide an employer’s statement. You can find example (the format) of this letter here. The employer’s letter should be written on employer’s letter heading and signed and stamped by an authorized person/head of organization. The letter should be dated. If your letter does not meet the format it will be discarded and your application is considered incomplete;
- You do not work for an (large) organization that has educational means itself;
- You must supply a motivation on why you wish to be nominated. Please download the mandatory format of this statement from the MSP pages (to be found almost at the bottom of the list). For MSP certain priorities have been indicated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It is advised to clearly state your affinity and interest in one of the priority areas for MSP in your country and/or region.It is advised to contact your Embassy on this issue. You may also find the themes here.
- You might be required to submit a government statement. Please check this listing if you are required to do so. Please download the mandatory format of this statement from the MSP pages (to be found almost at the bottom of the list).
- You posses a valid identifcation document (preferably a passport) that is (at least) valid during the entire application process;
- You are not allowed to receive more than one fellowship simulataneously for programmes taking place at the same time.
If you are considered eligible for consideration for MSP funding by the University of Twente you will receive a link a web-form (ATLAS) for the formal MSP application process.
Before you start filling out the registration form, please read the registration instructions for candidates carefully.
When you apply using the candidate registration form, it is essential to have all required, aforementioned documents readily available. Please make sure you have the following documents at hand:
- Copy of Identity card or passport (valid for the entire application process)
- Employer statement (see format above)
- (Conditional) Admission letter
- Motivation (see format above)
- If applicable: Government Statement
It is not possible to save your application or return to it in a later stage. Once the institute MSP deadline is passed, applications will be longer considered.
The University of Twente will determine the final pre-nomination positions based on your application in ATLAS. You will be informed on the outcome accordingly within 4 weeks after deadline.
The University of Twente plays no part in the final allocation of a scholarship. Nuffic will determine the allocation of fellowships and will also consult Embassies in the selection process. If you have been selected by Nuffic, yet are not in the position to attend the course under MSP we stress you to inform us immediately.
If you have additional questions about the MSP scholarship application process, please contact the MSP contact person for the University of Twente.