1st Tuesday of March, July and/or October
The application and nomination process of the MSP/MENA programme funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs is executed by the University of Twente. Application for an MSP/MENA scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry. Regardless of funding you will need to register for a course first.
- Apply for a certificate course at the Faculty ITC via the Coursefinder.
The university will determine your qualification for a provisional nomination and pre-nomination position for MSP/MENA funding based on your academic application.
To be considered for a provisional nomination you must be found eligible/unconditionally admitted by the University of Twente. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- You must live and work in one of the countries on the MSP/MENA country list. For MSP/MENA priority is given to female applicants.
- You must be nominated by your employer to be considered for nomination. This means you will need to provide an employer’s statement. You can download the mandatory format of this letter here. You must not be employed by an organization that has its own means of staff-development or is considered a large business.
- You must supply a motivation on why you wish to be nominated. Please see the format for motivation here.
- If you work for a government entity, you might be required to submit a government statement. Please check this listing if you are required to do so. You can download the mandatory format of this letter here.
If you are considered eligible for consideration for MSP/MENA funding by the University of Twente you will receive a link a web-form (ATLAS) for the formal NFP/MENA application process.
Before you start filling out the registration form, please read the registration instructions for candidates carefully.
When you apply using the candidate registration form, it is essential to have all required, aforementioned documents readily available.
It is not possible to save your application or return to it in a later stage. Once the institute MSP/MENA deadline is passed, applications will be longer considered.
The University of Twente will determine the final pre-nomination positions based on your application in ATLAS. You will be informed on the outcome accordingly within 4 weeks after deadline.
The University of Twente plays no part in the final allocation of a scholarship. Nuffic will determine the allocation of fellowships and will also consult Embassies in the selection process.. If you have been selected by Nuffic, yet are not in the position to attend the course under MSP/MENA we stress you to inform us immediately.
If you have additional questions about the MSP/MENA scholarship application process, please contact the NFP contact person for the University of Twente.