StuNed aims for the development of general, economic and environmental governance in Indonesia. To increase the institutional capacity of the Indonesian partner organizations and to strengthen the bilateral cooperation between Indonesia and the Netherlands
StuNed or Studeren in Nederland is a scholarship programme that is an integral part of the bilateral cooperation between the Governments of the Netherlands and Indonesia. The main objectives of StuNed are to strengthen the human resources in Indonesian organisations and the bilateral relations between the Netherlands and Indonesia at the same time. StuNed started in 2000 and has entered its 4th phase in 2010. On average more than 200 Indonesian students per year are granted a StuNed scholarship. The programme is implemented by Nuffic Neso Indonesia on behalf of the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Indonesia.
StuNed aims to support the development of Indonesia’s human resources with a focus on excellent Indonesian students and professionals. Furthermore, the scholarship programme facilitates contacts between people and organisations from Indonesia and the Netherlands, thus strengthening the bilateral cooperation between both countries. StuNed hereby focuses on the following areas that are of interest to Indonesia as well as the Netherlands:
- International Trade, Finance and Economics
- Transport, (Agro)logistics and Infrastructure
- Security and Rule of Law
- Agro-Food and Horticulture
Level of study: short course programmes (up to 90 days)
- Energy Management in Small and Medium Scale Industries
- Certificate courses in the above mentioned fields at the Faculty ITC
- Tuition fee;
- Monthly living allowance (it should be noted that if (part) of the short courses take place in the home country of the StuNed fellow, the subsistance will be adjusted for the cost of living in that country);
- Insurance (travel, health, third party liability);
- International travel expenses;
- Travel expenses in the Netherlands directly related to the study programme;
- Contribution to study related expenses;
- Reimbursement of expenses for the residence permit.
An introductory course for the public and private sector involved in energy conservation and environmental protection in industries.
Formulating project proposals for climate change mitigation and clean energy: Designing Green Climate Fund (GCF) Projects.
Learn to use cadastral intelligence for designing and applying responsible land administration solutions
This course seamlessly blends cartographic fundamentals with the developments in modern geo-visualization techniques.
This course provides the basic theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience required to perceive the synergy within this multidisciplinary production environment.
This course provides an overview of System Earth and its cycles, with emphasis on basics of GIS, spatial analysis, and methods for processing satellite imagery for earth observation.
Provides technical competencies to extract elevation models, urban constructions, legal boundaries, for application in domains like cadastral land management and modelling of food security and water.
Countries eligible for this scholarship
To qualify for the StuNed scholarship, applicants must:
- Have the Indonesian nationality;
- Have earned a S1 or Bachelor's degree or its equivalent at a recognized university in Indonesia; be able to provide evidence of the academic achievements (minimum GPA score 2.75); Candidates who have an academic grade higher than 3.25 out of 4.00 will receive a point, if candidates have grade higher than 3.50 out or 4.00 he or she will receive extra points;
- Be a mid-career professional with at least 2 years of relevant work experience;
- Have an academic or professional background that is related to the subject of the course;
- Be full time available for the entire period of the study programme or course and be able to participate in and complete all courses;
- Have a strong motivation statement to follow the chosen study programme;
- Have received their secondary and tertiary education in the English language and have an IBT TOEFL score of 90 or IELTS score of 6.5;
- Be unconditionally admitted to one of the programmes offered by the University of Twente. This means that you must have met all admission requirements set by the University of Twente;
- No age limit, but priority will be given to mid-career professionals and female candidates;
- If study program is related with the EKN priority area will receive points, if the candidates works in the organization or his/her job function also related with EKN priority area will receive extra points