Application form opens: 5 February 2019.
Application form closes: 18 March 2019.
The application and nomination process of the OKP programme funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs has been executed by the University of Twente. Application for an OKP scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry. Regardless of funding you will need to register for a course first. The university will determine your qualification for a provisional nomination and pre-nomination position for OKP funding based on your academic application.
To be considered for a provisional nomination you must be found eligible/unconditionally admitted by the University of Twente. To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- You are a national of, and must live and work in one of the participating countries.
- You must not be employed by a large organisation which can be expected to have their own funds for staff development, e.g.: a multinational corporation (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft); a large national and/or a large commercial organisation; a bilateral donor organisation (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid); a multilateral donor organisation (e.g. a UN organisation, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB); an international NGO (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care);
- You are a professional with multiple years of relevant work experience and a network within a (local, regional) developmental relevant theme.
- You must be nominated by your employer to be considered for nomination This means you will need to provide an employer’s statement. You can download the mandatory format of this letter via the Nuffic OKP website or by clicking here. You must not be employed by an organization that has its own means of staff-development or is considered a large business;
- You must supply a motivation on why you wish to be nominated. Please see a format for motivation here. For OKP certain priorities have been indicated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It is advised to clearly state your affinity and interest in one of the priority areas for OKP in your country and/or region.It is advised to contact your Embassy on this issue. You may also find the themes here.
- You might be required to submit a government statement. Please check this listing if you are required to do so. Click here for the mandatory format.
- You must not be nominated for more than one OKP fellowship for courses/programmes that take place at the same time.
If you are considered eligible for consideration for OKP funding by the University of Twente you will receive a link a web-form (ATLAS) for the formal OKP application process.
Before you start filling out the registration form, please read the registration instructions for candidates carefully.
When you apply using the candidate registration form, it is essential to have all required, aforementioned documents readily available. Please make sure you have the following documents at hand:
- Copy of Identity card or passport (valid for the entire application process)
- Employer statement (see format above)
- (Conditional) Admission letter
- Motivation (see format above)
- If applicable: Government Statement
It is not possible to save your application or return to it in a later stage. Once the institute OKP deadline is passed, applications will be longer considered.
The University of Twente will determine the final pre-nomination positions based on your application in ATLAS. You will be informed on the outcome accordingly within 4 weeks after deadline.
The University of Twente plays no part in the final allocation of a scholarship. Nuffic will determine the allocation of fellowships and will also consult Embassies in the selection process. If you have been selected by Nuffic, yet are not in the position to attend the course under OKP we stress you to inform us immediately.
If you have additional questions about the OKP scholarship application process, please contact the OKP contact person for the University of Twente.