With the NN Future Matters scholarship and coaching programme Nationale Nederlanden (NN) aims to help students to engage in their professional development.
One of the priorities for NN is to build the economic competences of today's young people. NN takes social responsibility very seriously and is pleased to offer young people who need support access to NN means and expertise. The student will be matched with an NN-mentor who will coach the student throughout the studies.
The University of Twente is one of the participating universities. The NN Future Matters scholarships are only available for UT Master programmes decidated to the field of finance, risk management, economics, data science, entrepeneurship and IT. For the UT this applies to the following programmes with the particular specialisations:
o Applied Mathematics, specialization in Mathematics for Data Science
o Business Administration, specialization in Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Strategy
o Business Administration, specialization Digital Business
o Business Administration, specialization Financial Management
o Business Information Technology, specialization in Data Science and Business
o Business Information Technology, specialization in Enterprise Architecture & IT Management
o Computer Science, specialization in Data Science & Technology
o Computer Science, specialization in Cyber Security
o Computer Science, specialization in Software Technology
o Computer Science, specialization in Internet Science & Technology
o Electrical Engineering, specialization Computer Vision Biometrics
After the application deadline the NN Group and NUFFIC will assess all eligible applications and select the applicants who will be granted the scholarship. All applicants are informed about the results by mid June of each year.
The scholarship consists of an amount of EUR 5,000 (students may request for the same scholarship for the 2nd year of study at the UT).
For students from Turkey and Japan the scholarship is EUR 3,000 + compensation of tuition fee costs up to a maximum of EUR 17,000.
NB: students may apply for this scholarship for the first year. An application for the 2nd year of study may be submitted too, but we cannot guarantee students will obtain the latter.
Payments of this scholarship will be done directly from NUFFIC to the scholarship holder/student. The student is individually responsible to pay tuition fee to the UT. Only for students from Turkey and Japan the tution fee will be paid directly from NUFFIC to the UT.
As an applied mathematician, you occupy a key position in the scientific world. Through mathematical models, you grasp the essence of a problem and see links between seemingly unrelated phenomena.
In today’s evolving world it makes no sense to do business as usual. This Master’s turns you into an innovative, entrepreneurial business leader who prepares businesses for the challenges of tomorrow.
This Master’s helps you to become an expert in IT-based business innovation, able to devise new services and radically improve the way businesses work with the use of IT.
Computer Science is omnipresent in modern society. Latest hardware and software developments are crucial in domains such as social media, security, health, energy, ICT systems, finance and telecom.
This master's challenges you to develop new methods and technologies for high-tech electronics-based systems in nanotechnology, robotics, electronics, telecommunication or biomedical systems.
Countries eligible for this scholarship
- 2 April 2022
- Applicants should be the first within their family to study at a university. Applicants should be a first-generation academic, i.e. the parents of guardians of the appliation should not have earned a bachelor degree or equivalent
- Applicants should be from one of the selected countries
- Applicants are planning to study at one of the Master study programmes and above specified specialisations at the University of Twente
- The Master's degree programme starts in September of the academic year (NB: this scholarship is not vaiable for students wishing to start studying in February of each year)
- Applicants should meet the specific UT admission requirements
- Preferably, applicants have not yet studied or worked abroad before
Documents to be uploaded in the NUFFIC application system as indicated in detail on the NUFFIC website:
- Diploma copy of diploma/degree and study results of current/previous higher education
- Motivation letter and financial budget plan
- CV with photo
- Admission letter to the Master's programme at the University of Twente which participates in the NN FM scholarship programme
- 2 Reference letters. The referees must be professors from your current or previous study programme. The letters must contain the letter head of the institution, the referee's name, address and position and must be signed and stamped
- The 2 reference letters need to be merged into one (1) single document
- Copy valid passport or ID card
- Each document has to be submitted in PDF format and may not exceed 5 MB
- The motivation letter, budget and CV need to me merged in one (1) document
Apply online for the NN Future Matters scholarship at www.studyinholland.nl/nnfuturematters.