The IsDB is committed to empower women to play a pivotal role in social and economic development of their societies and countries. As such, the IsDB is strongly encouraging the female candidates to apply for the IsDB scholarships.
Recognizing the importance of qualified human resources for social advancement and sustainable development the IsDB has been addressing human resources development in member countries alongside its development financing activities. The IsDB has been funding several scholarship programmes for citizens from IsDB member countries and communities worldwide. The scholarship programme are an important part of the developmental initiatives led by the IsDB to foster technology and knowledge sharing among.. They are designed to attract talented male and female students and build the right competencies required to empower communities and achieving national and global development plans, including the sustainable development goals.
The scholarship is awarded as an interest-free loan to the students but grant to their communities/countries. The beneficiaries are required to refund 50% of the loan after graduation and securing gainful employment to a Local Education Trust Fund established in each member country benefiting from the programme. The collected amounts are to be recycled in new scholarships offered to students from the same country.
The programme covers the following items:
- Monthly stipend commensurate with the cost of living of the country of study
- Tution fees, if any, subject to IsDB's approval
- Cost of medical treatment at university/government hospital
- Economy class return air tickets (once at the time of joining and on completion of the study) and installation and equipment allowance for the students selected to study abroad at partnered universities/countries
- Thesis preparation Allowance (when involved)
Become an expert in understanding, designing and developing new, sustainable processes, materials and solutions, using chemistry as your starting point.
This three-year English-taught Bachelor’s degree will equip you with both the technical and the non-technical expertise you need to design, construct and manage complex civil engineering challenges.
This English-taught programme will equip you to help shape tomorrow’s world by developing and improving high-tech solutions for practical problems in an increasingly broad range of societal domains.
This 3-year English-taught Bachelor’s will make you an expert in the technologies society runs on, equipping you to invent, design, improve and maintain devices, machines, constructions and processes.
This three-year English-taught bachelor’s will equip you to combine computer science with technology and engineering for creating many different solutions for people, businesses and society.
Biomedical Engineering is about the design and development of healthcare technology to improve lives: from rehabilitation robots and artificial organs, to imaging techniques and prosthetics.
Chemical Engineering encompasses the fields of chemistry, materials science and process engineering. Chemical engineers are also well versed in areas such as fluid dynamics and thermodynamics.
If you are eager to focus on both the technical and non-technical aspects of civil engineering projects and systems, then the Master’s in Civil Engineering and Management is the programme for you.
Computer Science is omnipresent in modern society. Latest hardware and software developments are crucial in domains such as social media, security, health, energy, ICT systems, finance and telecom.
This master's challenges you to develop new methods and technologies for high-tech electronics-based systems in nanotechnology, robotics, electronics, telecommunication or biomedical systems.
The one-year, English-taught Environmental & Energy Management Master’s will equip you to lead, manage and govern socio-technological change processes related to energy, water and the environment.
This programme takes an application-oriented approach to collecting, processing, analyzing and visualizing spatial data. Graduates are at the forefront of one of today’s fastest growing industries.
Mechanical engineers focus on the design, analyses and maintenance of machinery, structures and products. The Master’s programme in Mechanical Engineering zooms in on one of these disciplines.
The Master’s programme in Sustainable Energy Technology (SET) enables you to become an engineer with in-depth knowledge on renewable energy technologies.
PhD researchers at the UT are appointed in several categories, such Student, AiO, and/or Promovendus, leading to differences in admittance, recruitment processes and appointment statuses. Bursary PhD are indicated as students. Entry is in corporation with our HR departments or Admission Office depending on the grounds of entry.
Countries eligible for this scholarship
- Burkina Faso
- Sierra Leone
The programme is open for academically meritorious students and mid-career professionals from IsDB member countries and communities in non-member countries who meet the following eligibility criteria:
For Bachelor programme applications:
- Citizens of any of the 21 IsDB LDMC's mentioned
- Completed high school with minimum good grades in major studies
- Not in receipt of any other scholarship
- Be medically fit an willing to undergo medical tests after selection
For Master's programme applications:
- Citizens of any of the IsDB member countries or communities in non-member countries
- Be a graduate with a grade above "good" in his/her bachelor studies
- Not in receipt of any other scholarship
- Be medically fit and willing to undergo medical tests after selection
For PhD study:
- Have a Master's degree in one of the fields of study of the programme
- Have minimum "very good"academic standing
- Preferably have work and/or research experience
- Have a research proposal in one of the fields of study of the programme stating its scientifc and development relevance to the community/country
- Be medically fit and be willing to undergo medical tests after selection