Applications open: 15 January 2019
Applications closed: 8 March 2019
The online application system and application forms will be available per opening.
To be eligible for this scholarship, prospective applicants must:
- Undertake master’s-level studies in sustainable energy development. Eligible applicants must be pursuing full-time studies for at least one full school year (two or three semesters), beginning in autumn 2018. Students in the second year of a two-year program are eligible to apply, provided that they meet this requirement.
- Be a citizen of a developing country/territory on the List of official development aid recipients identified by the Development Co-operation Directorate (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
- Be committed to returning to their home country/territory after their studies to contribute to its development
- Be an outstanding student
- Graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of their class
- Is committed to sustainable energy development
- Has a history of community involvement
- Is determined to advance their knowledge and understanding
You must provide an electronic copy of all the documents listed below.
- Passport (photo page only) or birth certificate
- Curriculum vitae detailing your education, work experience (if applicable), awards, and participation in volunteer and/or extracurricular activities
- Admission letter from your university program of choice
- Upload a copy of your official letter of admission from the university;
- If you have not yet received a letter of admission, you can upload an acknowledgement of receipt from your university showing that you have applied for admission;
- If you receive your official admission letter after the scholarship application deadline, it is your responsibility to forward it via email to email@example.com by no later than April 20, 2018. If we do not receive your official admission letter by this date, your application will not be considered;
- If this application is for the second year of a two-year program, please include proof of enrolment.
- Program outline
- Upload an outline of the curriculum or the courses you will be taking for your master’s program
- University transcript(s)
- Upload a copy of your complete university transcript(s)
- If the language of your original transcript(s) is not English, we require a certified translation of the document which includes the name of the translator as well as a copy of the original (untranslated) transcript
- If this application is for the second year of a two-year master’s program, please include your transcript for your first year
- Academic Reference Form
- You need to provide a completed copy of the Academic Reference Form. The form must be completed in English.
- The form must be completed by a faculty member or professor at your current or previous university who knows your academic abilities
- Should the referee wish to send the Academic Reference Form directly to the Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership, they can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 9, 2018. If received, it will be indicated in the online application system after you submit your application.
- Academic or personal reference letter
- You need to provide one reference letter from either an academic or personal referee
- The reference needs to be in letterform (with an official letterhead of the referee’s organization, if possible), written in English, and must be dated and signed by the referee
- An academic referee must be a faculty member or professor at your current or previous university who knows your academic abilities. They cannot be the same person as the individual who completes your Academic Reference Form.
- A personal referee should be a person (e.g. employer, supervisor, mentor, coach) who can discuss other personal qualities or interests that make you specially qualified to receive the scholarship. This referee cannot be a family member
- Please make sure that the referee includes your full name in their letter
- Should the referee wish to send their letter directly to the Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership, they can send email it to email@example.com by March 9, 2018. If received, it will be indicated in the online application system after you submit your application.