At least one month before first payment
- have been living in the Netherlands for 5 consecutive years or more. Or if you (or your non-Dutch parent or partner) are working in the Netherlands for at least 56 hours per month.
- Do you not have the nationality of an EU/EEA-country or Switzerland? Then you still qualify for student finance if you have a residence permit type II, III or IV. Check the Nationality chart for more information.
- be under the age of 30 when you apply
- registered in full-time or dual education for an accredited course at a funded or recognized institute of higher education or university. Take a course in the Netherlands that qualifies for an allowance or a grant.
- have a citizen service number (in Dutch: burgerservicenummer) in the Netherlands
- have a bank account, other than a savings account, in the Netherlands
Please note: Exchange students are not eligible for a tuition grant.