Applications will close 11.59pm AEST on July 31st 2018
The Scholarships are granted for the commencement of a study programme in the calendar year following the year of application and selection.
To be eligible to apply for a John Monash Scholarship you must:
- Be an Australian Citizen;
- Have completed or be about to complete an degree from an Australian University, and;
- Be planning to undertake postgraduate study at an overseas university commencing in the calendar year following the year of application and selection; it is not necessary to have already been accepted to the institution.
In awarding John Monash Scholarships, factors considered include:
- Excellence in the candidate’s field of study – Usually a university degree obtained with outstanding results, but can also be demonstrated through prizes, awards, publications, performance and exhibitions;
- leadership and citizenship – Candidates should demonstrate leadership experience or potential in the field of study, professional environment and/or the community.
- research project or study program – Specific, well-developed case for support for the candidate’s study at the best overseas university in their field. It is not necessary to have been accepted at the institution;
- proposed career pathway– Candidates must present a credible pathway, addressing an issue the applicant is passionate about, and which will be of benefit to Australia; and
- a minimum of 2 references: outlining the applicants abilities and endorsing the proposed course of study.
Selection Calendar for the 2019 Scholarships:
May 1 – Aug 1
Applications accepted for the 2019 John Monash Scholarships.
Short listing: expert panels will review applications and recommend for interview by the State and Territory Selection Panels.
Skype panel for overseas candidates
VIC panel 1
NSW panel 1
NSW panel 2
VIC panel 2
The National Selection Panel will interview candidates on the 15th and 16th of October in Melbourne and 18th and 19th of October in Sydney. This panel makes recommendations to the Board which will make the final selection of Scholars for 2019.
Winners of a John Monash Scholarship are informed by the CEO of the Foundation a few days after the final interviews, and are publically announced at a ceremony at the Sydney Opera House in December. The Scholarships Presentation Ceremony will be held in Melbourne in the first quarter of the following year.