Amrita is currently offering 100 fully funded fellowships for international and Indian students who wish to join for a full-time PhD program under the various thematic areas of Sustainable Development. The fellowships will be awarded purely based on academic excellence. It is mandatory for the enrolled PhD students to spend quality time in the villages selected for their study program, ensuring timely and effective outcomes.
All Indian students who successfully enroll in the PhD program at Amrita will acquire the E4LIFE Fellowship. Funded opportunities for Joint or Dual PhD in collaboration with the University of Twente is available for ALL candidates.
Each fully funded fellowship will include:
Full tuition fee waiver
100% waiver on tuition fees
A monthly stipend
INR 5,40,000 for 3 years
INR 7,20,000 for 4 years
INR 3,60,000 for 3 years
INR 4,80,000 for 4 years
International Research Travel Scholarship
Sustainable solution implementation cost in a village
INR 200,000 to INR 10,50,00
Village visits (Accomodation, Food and Travel)
- The Fellowship is valid for a minimum of 3 years and can go upto a maximum of 4 years based purely on academic evaluation. Credibility of the candidates and competency of the projects will be given top priority.
- Fund per fellowship: A minimum of INR 10,00,000 upto a maximum of INR 25,00,000 based on the scope and credibility of the proposed project.
- It is mandatory that each PhD candidate’s research work (awarded with fully funded fellowship) results in the implementation of a sustainable technological solution, addressing a problem statement in one of the 100+ adopted villages of Amrita.
Have a look at the overview of the estimated costs of living in the Netherlands (excluding tuition fees).
- Engineering (Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Civil Engineering, Wireless Sensor Networks & Applications)
- Health Sciences (Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy & Toxicology Dentistry)
- Geo Sciences
- Pure Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- Environmental Science
- Life Sciences
- Business & Management
- Social Sciences