The Euregio Studentseminar aims to bring together a select group of students to exchange ideas revolving around current social topics at play in the European Union, in particular in it’s border regions, the Euregio’s.
This year, eight different schools are taking part in the Euregio Studentseminar. These eight schools select a total of 120 students to participate in the seminar. These students join each other during a two day event and participate in a carefully constructed inspiring program. The theme for the Studentseminar 2018 is 'Climate, watermanagement and technology', investigating the main question:
What are the effects of climate change on society, economy, technical development, politics and nature?
The theme will be discussed from three different perspectives, supported by Waterschap Vechtstromen, KNMI and faculties from the University of Twente. During the seminar, several lectures will be given by politicians, scientists and enthusiastic teachers. Interesting workshops will take place, as well as challenging assignments and debates.
The multidisciplinary approach in the programme of the Studentseminar reflects the approach of the Twente Education Model (TOM) that is applied in the bachelor programmes of the University of Twente. Through project-based education, students at the UT learn to look at societal problems from different perspectives and how to sove the problems from different disciplines.
- Alexander-Hegius-Gymnasium - Ahaus
- OSG Bataafs Lyceum - Hengelo
- Gymnasium Georgianum - Vreden
- Mariengymnasium - Bocholt
- Staring College - Lochem
- Het Stedelijk Lyceum College Zuid - Enschede
- Werner-von-Siemens-Gymnasium - Gronau
The assignment and the articles below are in preparation of the Studentseminar 2018.
Assignment Articles Studentseminar 2018
To prepare yourself for the studentseminar of next week you can read some articles about, among other things, climate change. Try to find some similarities and differences between the articles and try to find two examples in Germany and the Netherlands about climate change. You can also prepare yourself by keeping an eye on the news about climate change.
Below you can find some English and Dutch websites and articles.
- Climate Change; an introduction by Bill Nye (the science guy) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtW2rrLHs08
- http://www.rainproof.nl (Dutch only)
- Short introduction to making cities more climate resilient https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhU78f6hMwA
- Online database of green and blue solutions for the city http://www.urbangreenbluegrids.com
- Short introduction of Kristalbad : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv2fBIJHpGA&t=26s (English subtitles)
You can download some articles in German below:
- Hochwasser Daten
- Ursachen und prognosen: Zehn Fakten zur Flut
- Hochwasser in Deutschland: Die Tschechen helfen Dresden
- Ist Tschechiens Egoismus schuld an der Elbeflut?
- Nach der Flut ist vor der Flut
- „Land unter“ den Kampf angesagt
- Bericht über die Erstellung der Hochwassergefahren- und Hochwasserrisikokarten
- Renaturierung der Dinkel: Fluss darf wieder in Schleifen und Kurven fließen
- Tschechien reguliert unseren Pegel
- Übereinkommen zum Schutz des Rheins
- EU will Hochwasserschutz verbessern
- Dünger-Import aus den Niederlanden"Diese Gülle ist einfach zu viel"
The project Euregio Studentseminar is made possible by the efforts of the INTERREG V A-Programma Deutschland-Nederland and co-funded by the European Union (EU). Additional funding is by the Ministerium für Schule und Bildung NRW, the Staatskanzlei NRW, province of Overijssel, province of Gelderland. De organisation is in hands of the University of Twente and the Water board Vechstromen.