If you are interested in the TGS programme in Innovation and Entrepreneurship and you have not yet completed a Master's programme, you are advised to enrol in the preferred Master's programme the MSc in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering and Management or in a related UT Master's programme.
If you have already completed your Master's programme at the University of Twente or elsewhere, have a look at the vacancy website.
You may also enter a Twente Graduate School research programme as PhD candidate with your own funding or with an international scholarship. In that situation research projects are initiated on the basis of proposals submitted by graduate students as part of their application procedure.
Before taking into consideration a proposed research plan, it must be clear that an application to a scholarship provider has been submitted or planned. Please note that the UT itself has no possibilities to offer fellowships or similar funding for PhD candidates.
In order to be considered for a PhD project under own funding or with a scholarship you need to contact the leader of the research group you would like to join, indicating your qualities, intended research topic and motivation (at least the first three items on the list below). It is essential that a full professor has indicated interest that he/she might become your PhD supervisor. In that case you can start to complete the full documents listed below. You may ask the department of the prospective PhD supervisor for a letter of conditional admission, that you may use to apply for a scholarship. If the final decision of the full professor (who is willing to be the prospective PhD supervisor) and the faculty dean is positive, the department will register you a guest researcher and arrange your arrival.
- Statement of interest and motivation
- Curriculum Vitae (listing the time of education/degrees and work experience and any relevant scientific publications)
- Outline of research proposal (2 pages)
- If English is not the native language, a document stating a overall band score of 6.5 in an academic IELTS-test (International Language Test) or TOEFL, internet based (TOEFL-iBT) of at least 90
- Two letters of recommendation from scientists who are familiar with the candidate’s academic work and can judge his or her potential as a PhD student
- Copies of exam results (both bachelor and master) and transcripts of certificates
- Copies of (up to 5) scientific works, including master's thesis
- Name of the provider to whom you have applied/will apply for funding or who has granted already.