ProDoc Frequently asked questions
How do I get access to Prodoc?
ProDoc is the platform used by PhD candidates and their promotors and thus only accessible by them. All new doctoral candidates (starting 1 January 2014) will be registered in Prodoc and invited for an intake interview with TGS. All pre-2014 doctoral candidates will also be registered in ProDoc in due time. They will receive a notice when their account has been activated, after which they can log in. ProDoc can be accessed via the ProDoc portal. Users can log in by using their m-numbers and your regular UT password.
How is ProDoc structured?
ProDoc contains 5 workflows that document the various requirements of the PhD Charter:
1. An intake interview will be scheduled with TGS.
2. The draft Training and Supervision Plan (T&SP). The T&SP also contains the educational program. As this is a draft, the document can be updated regularly. It should be updated at least once every year at the yearly appraisal.
3. The Qualifier will be scheduled after 6-9 months into the PhD program. A 3-month optional improvement period can be granted follow by a first assessment interview (for employees) or progress interview (for students). A successful Qualifier leads to a request to the Doctorate Board to appoint promotor(s) and assistant-promotor(s).
4. Subsequent 2nd and 3rd yearly appraisals: assessment interview or evaluation interview (with consent of dean of faculty) for employees: progress interview for students.
5. Graduation protocol by the Doctorate Board.
A more detailed description of the workflows can be downloaded from the download widget on the ProDoc page.
Why can't I edit my draft T&SP (Training and Supervision Plan)?
During your time as a PhD candidate you will have to submit a draft T&SP as one of very first steps. You have two oppurtunities to submit this plan in order to proceed to the next workflow.
If you can't edit your draft T&SP it means you have submitted it already to your supervisor and you will have to wait until your supervisor approves or disapproves your draft T&SP.
You can contact your supervisor to disapprove the draft T&SP so that you can edit it once more. However, note that this will count as one of your oppurtunities to submite your draft T&SP. Your second version has to be approved by your supervisor. Disapproval might lead to discontinuation of your PhD project.
More information regarding the draft T&SP workflow can be found here.