The University of Twente has much to offer, from our entrepreneurship to our green campus. University of Twente: a truly inspirational place to be!
Impact on people and society
High tech, with a human touch: the University of Twente focuses on developing technology and on studying the impact technology has on people and society. We always challenge you to look beyond the boundaries of your own field of study to establish links with other disciplines. This multidisciplinary approach encourages scientific and social innovation and reflects the entrepreneurial spirit of the University.
Just one example: The quality of University of Twente’s Computer Science research is excellent and the societal impact is ‘impressive’, says the international review committee that reviewed nine Dutch universities. Of these nine, UT is the only university with the highest scores on quality and relevance to society. UT’s computer scientists have “world-leading competencies in the ability to do multi-disciplinary research”.
World class reputation
Our research institutes have a world class reputation in many areas, including, nanotechnology, information technology, biomedical technology and technical medicine, governance, behavioural sciences and geo-information science and earth observation.
As the only true campus university of the Netherlands, the University of Twente combines accommodation, educational programmes and recreational facilities on a green campus providing a lively, safe and inspiring environment for more than 10,000 students and 3,200 employees.
Change leaders - master’s honours programme
We offer our students the opportunity to follow a unique master’s honoursprogramme Change Leaders. In this programme you will further develop your knowledge, attitude and skills relating to leadership in order to be able to contribute to advice- or change projects.
Accredited programmes - Quality of Education
We offer master’s programmes in fields ranging from engineering and natural sciences to behavioural and management sciences. Our master’s degree programmes result in students gaining the title Master of Science (MSc) or Master and are accredited by the Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO). Read more about the quality of education.
DUTCH SYSTEM FOR HIGHER EDUCATION
The Dutch system for higher education enjoys international acclaim for its problem-based learning methods, for training students to analyze and solve practical problems independently, and for emphasizing independent study and self-discipline, preparing students for challenging careers ahead.
Our innovative Twente Education model is based on five core five principles:
- education in modules (especially present in BSc programmes)
- working on projects
- personal responsibility
- learning together with other students
- quickly in the right place
>> Read more about Education at the University of Twente
- Three of our master programme's received the honorable seal 'top rated programme' in Keuzegids Masters 2016: Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering and Geo-information Science & Earth Observation were assessed as being outstanding.
- First place in 2015: University of Twente again voted most entrepreneurial university in the Netherlands in the area of commercial knowledge transfer!
- In 2015 UT achieved the 149th position of all knowledge institutes assessed in the Times Higher Education ranking (THE). A very substantial rise of 61 places when compared to last year (210).
- University of Twente climbs into the top 200 within the QS ranking 2015! After occupying position 228 in 2013 and 212 in 2014, Twente now holds the 188th position in the global university rankings.
- We are named among the world’s top 200 research-intensive universities according to the Times Higher Education Supplement for the sixth year in a row.
- We were ranked number one in the 2012 Leiden Ranking for Dutch research universities
- Highest score of the eight Dutch universities in the International Student Barometer
- Best International Office in the Netherlands
- Best international student association in the Netherlands
More reasons to apply
- 800 spin-off companies have emerged from the University in the past two decades
- The VentureLab Twente supports your entrepreneurial skills
- We offer excellent study guidance and tutoring for Dutch and international students
- You will study in the cultural heartlands of Europe
Did you know that the University of Twente…
- according to lifehack.org belongs to the best 25 universities in Europe (ranked no.7 out of 2)
- provides an internet connection of 1 gigabit per second and a campus-wide wifi network
- lies in the heart of Europe
- is home to MESA+, one of the world’s largest nanotechnology research institutes
- has been crowned most entrepreneurial university in the Netherlands
- is the finish line of the biggest relay race in the world the ‘Batavierenrace’