Ready to get a Master’s degree and busy scanning the globe for a university offering you the perfect programme and environment?
The University of Twente (UT) offers a wide range of high quality, internationally oriented master’s programmes. If you choose to study at UT, you get access to highly personal education, world-class lab facilities and thriving campus.
- A broad range of master’s programmes
We offer master's programmes, administered by five different faculties, along with ambitious Honours tracks and Executive programmes. Our focus is on Biomedical Technology & Health, Engineering, European Public Administration, IT, International Business Administration, Behavioural Sciences and Science & Technology.
- Most entrepreneurial university
Already recognised as the Netherlands’ most entrepreneurial university, our ambition is to become European leader in entrepreneurship. How? By attracting enterprising people. By placing entrepreneurship at the heart of our programmes. By providing startup support. By rewarding creativity, innovation and guts. Read about the more than 1,000 successful start-ups launched at UT .
- Global ambition and multicultural community
With over a hundred nationalities, UT is a colourful multicultural community. Most of our programmes are English-taught and we are raising our international profile. Get to know new cultures and people from all over the world. Become a global citizen, equipped for working in varying international contexts.
- Many postgraduate opportunities
Unlike in many other countries, PhD or PDEng researchers are often paid employees in the Netherlands. At UT, we offer normal PhD programmes, but we also offer integrated programmes. This means that a master's programme and a PhD programme are integrated in a period of five or six years. Students are educated to become researchers in fields of expertise for which high quality research is carried out at UT.
- A global name in research
Our world today is facing major environmental, economic, social and political challenges. Scientific research has a pivotal role to play in creating conditions that will sustain life on this planet. Our research institutes are committed to leading the way in areas ranging from nanotechnology to technical medicine, behavioural sciences and geo-information science and earth observation.
- The only park-like campus in The Netherlands
One of UT’s crown jewels, without doubt, is our campus: a breath-taking and sustainably managed parkland of 146 hectares dotted with state-of-art facilities – from libraries and laboratories to cultural and sports facilities. A campus with the hustle and bustle of a small metropolis. A dynamic community to live and work in.
- One of the world’s leading research universities
Among the world’s 18,000 universities, the University of Twente belongs to the top 200. In Europe, we’re rated as one of the 25 best universities. Our research institutes have a world-class reputation in many areas, including nanotechnology, biomedical technology, information technology, governance studies, sustainable energies and high-tech systems. Read more about ranking
- Our approach: High Tech, Human Touch
We are pioneers in fusing technology, science and engineering with social sciences to impact the world around us. This cross-disciplinary way of working that characterises our university opens up unexpected possibilities - especially in combination with creativity and excellence in scientific disciplines. Get used to crossing boundaries and become a problem-solver of the future, equipped to work in teams and create solutions that people and society really need: High Tech, Human Touch.
Curiosity is a short film about the University of Twente. It is the search for the societal and scientific questions that bind us.
- UT is a founding member of the European consortium of innovative universities and has strong ties with universities in Germany, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, China, Indonesia, India, and other countries.
- UT is the only all-in campus in The Netherlands.
- You can use an internet connection of 1 gigabit per second and a campus-wide wifi network.
- UT is home to MESA+, one of the world’s largest nanotechnology research institutes.
- According to lifehack.org, UT belongs to the best 25 universities in Europe.
- For the fourth time, UT has been crowned the most entrepreneurial university in the Netherlands.
- UT is the finish line of the biggest relay race in the world, the ‘Batavierenrace’.