Below are the admission requirements for entering the pre-Master’s programmes connected to our various Master’s specializations for students who have a degree from a university of applied sciences (‘hbo’ in Dutch, 240 EC). Please note that you must have obtained your ‘hbo’ degree no more than ten years ago.
For more information on the contents of the pre-Master’s programme, look here.
POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY & TECHNOLOGY (PPT)
The pre-Master’s programme for this Master’s specialization is only open to students with a degree in Applied Psychology (Toegepaste Psychologie, fulltime programme only!), including the clinical track (specialisatie Gezondheidspsychologie, voorheen Klinische Hoofdstroom) of Saxion University of Applied Sciences in Deventer, the Netherlands.
Learning sciences (LS), Health Psychology & Technology (HPT), Conflict, Risk & Safety (CRS), HUMAN FACTORS AND ENGINEERING PSYCHOLOGY (HFE)
The pre-Master’s programme for this Master’s specialization is only open to students with a degree in a related field from a university of applied sciences. Here is an overview of degrees and the specializations you can access with each one:
- The Social Work and Services programme gives you access to our HPT and CRS specialization
- The Physical Therapy programme gives you access to our HPT specialization
- The Teacher Training College programme gives you access to our LS specialization
- The Nursing programme gives you access to our HPT specialization
- The Social Pedagogy programme gives you access to our HPT specialization
- The Safety & Security Management Studies programme gives you access to our CRS specialization
- The Pedagogy programme gives you access to our LS and HPT specializations
- The Forensic sciences programme gives you access to our CRS specialization
- The Creative Therapy programme gives you access to our HPT specialization
- The Applied Psychology programme gives you access to our LS, HPT, HFE and CRS specializations
Do you have a diploma that is not listed above? Would you like to know whether it qualifies as a ‘Psychology-related field’ and which of our Master’s specializations you can enter with it, following a pre-Master’s course? Contact our Psychology Admissions Committee. In order to determine whether your educational background makes you eligible for our Psychology pre-Master’s programme, the Committee will need the following information about your training:
- An overview of the subjects you took with a total credit value of 240 EC;
- The accompanying subject descriptions from your prospectus;
- A list of the relevant literature (titles, authors, years of publication);
- A copy (not certified) of your diploma and grades list.
You can email this information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: in order to start in September, you have to submit your application no later than July 1st. If you want to start in February, the deadline is December 1st.
You can do the pre-Master’s programme after completing your current programme, but you may also be able to incorporate (a part of) it in your current programme as a transfer minor. Find out more about the University of Twente Psychology transfer minor at KiesOpMaat. You will also find application deadlines for the transfer minor on this website. If you want to apply as a transfer minor student, please download the learning agreement at KiesOpMaat.
If you are eligible for our pre-Master’s programme, please make sure you are properly registered for the pre-Master’s at the University of Twente. You can find more information here.