Attainment levels Data Science & Technology
- As a graduate, you will have thorough knowledge of, and be able to design solutions for, the management of large volumes of structured and semi-structured data, including sensor data, multimedia data, geographic data, and social data.
- You will be able to analyze large volumes of generated data and make scientific decisions based on such data sets.
- You will have thorough knowledge of methods and techniques for the design and analysis of smart services, including those applicable to all stages of an information system's life cycle (requirement analysis, architecture design, realization and maintenance).
- You will be able to reason about the functionality-cost-risk trade-off in smart services design, and to relate the trade-off to the data management and processes performed by information systems.
- You will have thorough knowledge of the subsystems that make up information systems, such as workflow management systems, database management systems, transaction processing monitors, and web technology systems, and the distribution of these across organizational units and physical locations.
attainment levels Computer Science
With a Master’s degree in Computer Science, you will be able to contribute to scientific research, and independently design, conduct and present the results of small-scale research.
- You will be able to provide an original contribution to the development and/or application of the field of study.
- You will be able to analyze complex problems (change problems) relevant to the field of study and obtain the required knowledge and information.
- You will be able to design, validate and implement solutions/systems in your operational context; identify and apply relevant advanced knowledge, methods and techniques from your field of study.
- You will be able to assess solutions/systems and their applications according to their properties and problem-solving potential, even if you are new to, or unfamiliar with, the situation, or lack (reliable) information; you will be able to use your assessment as a basis for (substantiation of) decisions.
- You will understand the ethical, social, cultural and public aspects of problems and solutions in your field of study and be able to apply this insight in your international role as scholar.
- You will be able to work as part of and play a leading role in a team; manage and plan a development process; document development and research processes.
- You will be able to substantiate research results, designs and applications in writing and verbally; critically assess and participate in debates regarding the same.
- You will be able to independently acquire new knowledge and skills; reflect on trends in your field of study, responsibilities and roles and use this insight as a guide for and integrate it into your own personal development.
- You will be able to integrate information from other disciplines into your own work if necessary.
- You will take a critical approach to reading, incorporating information presented in and participating in debates regarding international scientific literature relevant to your field of study.
What are your career prospects as a Data Science and Smart Services graduate?