Our two-year Master’s programme in Computer Science is internationally oriented and taught entirely in English. You can start either in September or February. The pre-Master's programme in begins September. Here, you can read more about the programme and the pre-Master's. You can also learn more about admission and career perspectives and read what students have to say. You can also find more information about career perspectives and read testimonials of students from Computer Science.
We also offer a bachelor's programme (BSc.) in Technical Computer Science.
ICT is omnipresent in modern society. The latest hardware and software developments are crucial in domains such as social media, security, health, energy, ICT systems, finance and telecom. Our programme focuses not only on the development of ICT systems in their societal context, but also on technological aspects and applications of embedded systems.
Development processes of sophisticated software systems are also crucial. You will be trained to combine a scientific mind-set with specialist technical knowledge. You will also learn to design, analyze, validate and implement state-of-the-art ICT systems in their operational context.
As a Master’s student in Computer Science, you will engage in in-depth study of wireless and sensor systems, computer security and formal methods for reliability. At the same time, you will focus on more fundamental aspects of information technology, such as software engineering and information systems. Many students are co-author of scientific reports, for example for the Centre for Telematics and Information Technology (CTIT). You can choose one of three specializations: Cyber Security, Data Science & Technology or Software Technology.
There are a lot of good reasons for coming to the UT to get your Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- Our Computer Science programme combines highly specialized areas of computer science. The two main pillars are: Dependable Networked Systems and Human Centered Computing. We will give you the tools you need to make a valuable and lasting contribution to this fascinating and challenging field.
- Your lecturers are renowned researchers eager to share their latest insights with you. They have ‘world-leading competencies in the ability to do multi-disciplinary research’, according to an international review of nine Dutch universities. In the review, the UT got the highest score. The quality of our research is excellent and our societal impact is ‘impressive’, the review committee said.
- One of the reasons for our success, according to the committee, is that we combine computer science and engineering with social sciences. This is typical of the UT’s High Tech Human Touch approach.
- Our university is very active in European public-private partnerships, like ‘Future Internet’.
- We have a successful tenure track system for scouting young talent. PhD students from across the world are enthusiastic about our open research environment for sharing and collaborating.
- We offer a broad number of ICT Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes.
- As part of the most entrepreneurial university in our country, Computer Science delivers about four spinoff companies each year. Twente is a great place for incubator centres, accelerators and venture capitalists.
The job market remains vibrant for computer science professionals. Our graduates find employment in ICT R&D, IT management and IT consulting, in settings that range from small companies to major multinationals. Many start their own business, go to work for government agencies or pursue a PhD.
Take a look what the specializations can offer you.