ARE YOU AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT AND DO YOU WANT TO OBTAIN YOUR MASTER'S AT UT? FIND OUT IF YOU ARE ADMISSIBLE FIRST!
Currently, you possess an international bachelor's degree and have decided to sign up for the Master's in Civil Engineering and Management. First, find out if you are admissible and fill in the mandatory online eligibility check (e-check), before applying for this Master's.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR civil engineering and management
Required diplomas or knowledge
- Bachelor of Science (or equivalent) of a high quality and level in Engineering. The main subject of the BSc study should match the envisaged UT MSc programme.
- Knowledge of the following topics: Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Urban Planning, Hydraulics, Construction Engineering, and Environmental Engineering
Success in your studies requires a high level of English proficiency. Therefore, prospective master's students with an international degree must meet the English language requirement.
Make sure you have obtained a valid English test result before the application deadline. If your application is accompanied by a language test score report with a test date after our application deadline, we will not process it. Therefore, make sure to do the test in advance, as it will take time for you to get the official certificate.
As proof that you meet this requirement, you will be asked in the application procedure to upload one of the requested language certificates below. Only these internationally recognised test results will be accepted. Without a valid certificate, your application cannot be processed.
- TOEFL iBT (internet-based) certificate, not older than two years, with an overall score of 90, and a minimum score on each section of at least 21. Please note that the University of Twente does not accept the MyBest scores of the TOEFL test. An alternative English test can be the TOEFL iBT (Special) Home Edition test. This test is valid for February 2023, September 2023, and February 2024 intake.
- Cambridge C1 Advanced, formerly known as; Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) from 2015 onwards (when the subscores were introduced). Obtained an A, B or C grade, with an overall score of at least 176 and a minimum score on each section of at least 169. The Cambridge online test is not accepted by the University of Twente.
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency, formerly known as; Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE) from 2015 onwards (when the subscores were introduced). Obtained an A, B or C grade, with an overall score of at least 176 and a minimum score on each section of at least 169. The Cambridge online test is not accepted by the University of Twente.
KEEP IN MIND
- The language requirements when applying for a scholarship may be different because scholarship providers may have different requirements.
- If you are a native English speaker and/or you have (fully) completed your education in English, you also have to meet the specific English language requirement.
You are exempted from the English language requirement if you hold:
- A relevant bachelor’s degree and/or master's degree from an accredited academic institution in the Netherlands
- A three-year bachelor’s degree in Australia, Canada (English-speaking part), Ireland, New Zealand, UK or USA. When your awarding institution is in one of these countries, but your teaching institution was not, you are not exempted. The same rule applies to distance (online) education.
- You have English as an exam subject during your secondary education. This exemption depends on your country, please check our country list to make sure if you must do the additional English language test or not. Please note: not every master's programme allows this as an exemption. Please submit your application and your application will be reviewed whether or not an additional English language test is required.
- Copy of diploma
- Transcript of records (Bachelor of Science and knowledge on topics)
- CGPA of at least 75% of the maximum scale (or your country's equivalent) and/or top 10% of class
- Course descriptions
- English summary of thesis (BSc or MSc)
Required information to prove that you fulfil our requirement:
- Letter of motivation (max 2 pages)
- Resumé (Tip: use the format of Europass to make sure everything is included)
- Names and addresses of referees (2)
DO THE E-CHECK
Find out if you are admissible within five minutes with our eligibility check! This e-check is created for upcoming master's students with an international bachelor's degree to verify that they meet the specific admission requirements for this Master's.
For students with an international degree, it is mandatory to complete the e-check. After you have submitted your e-check you will receive an e-mail with a code. You need to fill in this code within your application later on.
Please note that it gives you an indication of your eligibility, it is not the official admission decision and no rights can be derived from the outcome of the eligibility check. Ultimately, the official admission decision follows once you have applied for this Master’s.
START YOUR APPLICATION
After finishing the first part of the application process, the eligibility check, you receive further instructions by e-mail. You may be admitted to this Master's on the condition that you still have to pass. Therefore, know that you can apply even if you have not yet obtained your diploma.
To apply, you need to fill in the code you received via e-mail after submitting the mandatory e-check.
Please note: when you apply for this Master's, you have to pay an application fee of €100,-. This applies only to international students with a non-Dutch higher educational degree and is the case for all master's programmes of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics & Computer Science (EEMCS) and the Faculty of Engineering Technology (ET). Read more.