The master ‘Master Business Administration, Economics, and Finance’ (MBAEF) is a double degree master programme (see box below for more information on what a double degree programme is). This master is a cooperation between the University of Twente (UT) and University of L’Aquila (UA). Completing the master programme (120 EC) will results in two master degrees:
- Master of Science in Business Administration, specialization in Human Resource Management (HRM) from the UT
- Master of Science in Business Administration, Economics, and Finance (major in Management) from the University of L’Aquila
The duration of this master programme is two years, which entails a total of four semesters. Students are expected to stay at each university for two semesters.
For UT students, this programme is most suitable for those who enroll at the University of Twente in February. However, it does not exclude students, who enroll at the University of Twente in September. The Double Degree Programme entails a total of four semesters. Students are expected to stay for two semesters at each home/host university.
Starting in the academic year 2019/2020, the University of Twente and the University of L’Aquila jointly offer the Double Degree program for Master students of the HRM track in the MSc Business Administration enrolling in February at the University of Twente in The Netherlands and students enrolled at the University of L’Aquila in the first year of the 2nd cycle Degree Programme (“Laurea Magistrale”) in Business Administration, Economics, and Finance, major in Management.
If you are a UT student, who enroll in February, you will spend your first semester in Twente with the MSc Business Administration programme and go to the University of L’Aquila per September where you spend the full academic year (your 2nd and 3rd semester). You finalize the Double Degree Programme back at the University of Twente in your 4th semester. For more information on deadlines for application, see the website about ‘Application and Deadlines’.
For more information or specific questions, please check the FAQ-section of this website. If you have other questions about:
- The programme's content contact the double degree coordinator, prof. Tanya Bondarouk
- International issues, such as Erasmus exchange, contact the coordinator internationalization, drs. Inge van Haare.
- The MSc BA programme eligibility check the admission website.
- For more information or specific questions, please check the FAQ-section of this website!
- For questions on eligibility of the MSc BA programme, please first check the website.
- For more information about the University of L’Aquila, check their website and the attached Brochure (add)
- We urge you to not contact the University of L’Aquila directly. The double degree coordinator and coordinator Internationalisation are the right persons you need to contact for questions or they can guide you to the right persons/ departments of UA if necessary.
A double degree master programme entails two separate MSc educational programmes, both with a separate degree. After careful comparison of the study programmes, both educational programmes have made agreements about acknowledgement of courses, joint supervision of the thesis, and about practical issues. The benefit for students is that after completing the double degree programme two degrees are earned in less time than completing the two programmes separately. Furthermore, the student has an international experience in an environment content-wise related to one of the specialization tracks of our MSc Business Administration programme (in this case the Human Resource Management track).