Here you find the tuition fees for the academic year 2020-2021.
An academic year is the annual period of sessions beginning in September and ending in August. The tuition fees are adjusted annually on the basis of the Dutch Consumer Price Index. The University of Twente applies two types of student tuition fees: the statutory tuition fee and the institutional tuition fee. In addition to a budget for tuition fees, you will also need a budget for housing and day-to-day expenses and costs may also incur for insurance and a visa application. please have a look at the cost of living overview.
If you are a national of an EU/EEA country, it is likely you need to pay the so-called ‘statutory tuition fee’. This fee is determined and subsidized by the Dutch government. The statutory tuition fee applies to most, but not all students from EU/EEA countries and/or Master’s programmes (also see ‘Institutional tuition fee’). In the Netherlands, the statutory tuition fees for the academic year 2020-2021 are:
- Euro 2,143 per year for a Master’s programme. Each (academic) year the tuition fee will be adjusted.
- Euro 1,071.60 per 30 EC (study credit) for a pre-Master’s programme. You pay a similar amount depending on the size of your pre-Master's.
Dutch universities do not receive government funding for non-EU/EEA students. Therefore, except for the pre-Master's programme, non-EEA students need to pay higher fees. The University of Twente applies the following institutional fees for the academic year 2020-2021:
- Euro 12,250 per year for a non-engineering master’s programme.
- Euro 16,000 per year for an engineering master’s programme. Each (academic) year the tuition fee will be adjusted.
- Euro 1,071.60 per 30 EC (study credit) for a pre-Master's programme. You pay a similar amount depending on the size of your pre-Master's.