Have you read the admission requirements and checked the deadlines for application? If so, then you are ready to start your application. Check the 4 steps required to start and complete your application.
Always start with the eligibility check for the Master's programme of your choice. After finishing the eligibility check we'll send you further instructions by email.
Create an account for Studielink (link see email instructiuons). You will receive two emails from Studielink, one with a username and one with a password.
Apply via Studielink by choosing a programme and a starting date. You will receive three more emails from Studielink, confirming your application and asking you to send documents to the UT. You will receive another important email with login credentials for the university owned OSIRIS application where you can upload your documents. This is the next step for your application.
Continue your application via the OSIRIS application, using the login credentials provided to you via email. After you login to Osiris please click on "details" behind your application to continue the procedure.
If you wish to submit a new or additional application you have to add these in your original Studielink account.
We have prepared example documents so that you can check the type of the document we ask from you. Please submit these documents digitally. If any hardcopy documents are required from you our Admission Office will notify you of this and tell you where to send them to.
- A bachelor’s degree certificate or an equivalent qualification certificate (if available)
- An official transcript of records or preliminary transcript of records in Dutch or English
- A certified official translation of your bachelor’s degree certificate and transcript of records if not in Dutch or English
- Official English test score results (IELTS or Toefl IBt)
- An additional Higher Degree certificate and transcript and official translation if applicable (if applicable)
- An abstract of your final bachelor’s project (thesis)
- A valid international passport
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Letter of motivation
- Contact information of two references (reference letters are not required)
Some programmes need additional documents:
- Students with a degree from a university outside the Netherlands applying for Business Administration: GMAT certificate of at least 550 points
- Students with a degree from a university outside the Netherlands applying for Industrial Engineering & Management: GRE or GMAT certificate
- For some degree programmes more specific information may also be required (e.g. specific course descriptions, documents proving mathematic and research skills etc.)
As signatory of the "Code of Conduct with respect to international students in Dutch higher education" we guarantee quality of our programmes, recruitment, selection and counselling procedures.
After completing your online application the UT Admission Office will assess your application. If you have submitted your application correctly the admission procedure will be started. It will be evaluated by one of the university’s Educational Admission Committee of your chosen (pre)Master programme will evaluate your application and the Admission Office will send the decision in a letter by e-mail.
Offer of Admission
You will receive an email containing a link to the "Offer of Admission" via your Osiris account. Attached to this email is your Admission Letter. Please respond to the Offer of Admission. As soon as you have accepted our offer you will receive further information about how to finalise your application. If applicable you will also receive information about visa and/or housing.
Certified copies of your documents
After receiving your Admission Letter you need to send these certified hardcopy documents to the Admission Office by regular post. All information on how to provide these documents will be sent to you via email once you have been accepted.
The Admission Office requires the following certified hard copy documents:
- Certified hardcopy(*) of your original Bachelor degree certificate
- Certified hardcopy(*) of your original final transcript of records
- Official translations in English or Dutch (if applicable)
- Your official English test report (if applicable)
- Certified hard copy (*) of your GMAT/GRE score report (only for Master Business Administration or Industrial Engineering Management’ applicants)
(*) A certified photocopy is a hard copy with an official stamp and signature on each page (if applicable also the reverse side) to verify that it is a true photocopy of the original document. This official stamp and signature may be from a notary or your school or university. Photocopies or scans of the documents mentioned above are not legal proof and therefore they cannot be accepted for enrolment.All documents submitted become property of the University of Twente and will not be returned to you.
Admitted UT students are assisted with arranging visa formalities by International Office. Students cannot apply for a visa themselves; all international Bachelor, Master or exchange students requiring visa or residence permit will be contacted by International Office and assisted with all visa procedures. For information about visa requirements, visa procedures, deadlines and frequently asked questions please visit the webpage for international students.
International Office assists international students in finding accommodation by coordinating supply and demand. After responding to the 'Offer of Admission' you will receive further information about housing including the link to the online Housing Application Form. For further information about housing application procedures, general conditions and types of accommodation please visit the webpage for international students.
health & liability insurance
All international students staying in the Netherlands are required by Dutch law to have health- and liability insurance. International Office can help you arrange a complete insurance package covering most health and liability costs during the introduction day for international students. For more information visit the webpage for international students.
Arranging Health and Liability insurance
Preparing for study at the ut
Many things in the Netherlands may be different from your home country, like climate, traffic, food, clothes and religion. To help you prepare for your UT study experience, we have created a website where you can find video-interviews with international UT students. These videos focus on the experiences of international students with Dutch (academic) culture. The website also contains practical tips that may help you form a better idea of what to expect from Dutch (academic) culture. When you think you are ready for the UT, we invite you to take our online quiz and find out! Follow the link below to find the video-interviews, practical tips and quiz.
Preparing for study at the UT (video-interviews, practical tips and quiz)
Transportation: Flights & Trains
For detailed information please check our International Student's website