These steps can help you find a Bachelor’s programme that truly suits you.
We hope that, in this way, you will not have any doubts about your choice in the future and that you really are in the right place with the programme of your choice. Don’t decide too quickly that you know what you want. Take time to discover whether the programme and the university really suit you.
- Step 1: Discover your talent
Gather information about yourself. What are you passionate about? What do you like? What do you do well? What do you have a talent for? Think carefully about what you need to do to find out as much as possible.
- Write down where your interests and talents lie
- Talk to your study counsellor at school
- Perform a specialization test, such as studiekeuze123 (for Dutch students only)
- Ask your counsellor for information about the University of Twente we provide to all schools. University of Twente students may come and visit your school and tell you about the various bachelor’s programmes and possibilities, and what it is like to study at the University of Twente (for Dutch students only)
- Pre-U offers a variety of exploratory specialization activities to find out where your interests lie. You can, for example, follow a master class in which you explore a particular theme. We can also provide you with help in performing your subject cluster assignment (for Dutch students only)
- Step 2: Orientate yourself
What do you consider is important in a programme? And which university suits you best? Make a list for yourself and explore further. Consider, for example, the content of the programme, the teaching method, career prospects, but also the atmosphere at the faculty and the university. Everyone explores this their own way. Do you already know what programme you want to follow, but are you undecided about what university to go to? Then visit our Bachelor’s Open Days and continue to step 3 to explore further possibilities. Are you looking for an extra challenge? Check out our honours programmes. If you are not yet entirely sure which programme or university suits you, read our tips below.Learn more about the study programme!A student for a day takes places at the university campus - if travelling to the university is impossible for you, you can sign up for a Skype conversation.Skype with a Bachelor's student!Register nowSign up for a Skype appointment and get a taste of student life at the UT :-)
GATHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE BACHELOR'S PROGRAMMES
- Visit the Bachelor’s programme websites of colleges and universities
- Visit the University of Twente bachelor’s programme websites
- Request a digital brochure for the University of Twente bachelor's programmes
ASK QUESTIONS AND VISIT
- Chat, call or email our Study Information Centre
- Meet our representatives at education fairs abroad. Perhaps, the University of Twente is visiting your country to introduce students with our educational programmes.
- Visit our international Bachelor’s Open Day: A visit allows you to obtain preliminary information about what the programme of your choice entails, how the curriculum is structured, what specializations there are, for what jobs you will be trained and what your options are on the labour market. In addition, you can taste the atmosphere at the University of Twente and its faculties so you get a better picture.
- Step 3: Look and compare
Have you found Bachelor’s programmes that are suited to your interests and abilities? Then compare the programmes. Examine the different programmes and find out what university you really feel at home at. We recommend that you do this by:
- Visiting our international Bachelor’s Open Day and speaking to students and lecturers. The Open Days provide you with an opportunity to better explore the programme of your choice.
- Next, attend an individual orientation day- a Student for a day programme- to experience for yourself what it is like to follow the bachelor’s programme of your choice, by accompanying a student.
If you still have any questions, ask them!
- Chat, call or email our Study Information Centre
- Contact the study advisor of the programme in question
- Step 4: Make your decision
Have you performed various study orientation activities? Have you received sufficient information? Then determine which programme suits you best. And above all follow your own feelings; after all, it is ultimately your choice.
Before you enrol for a programme before the deadline, it is important to first ask yourself a few questions:
- Have I adequately prepared myself?
- Does admission to my programme of choice involve a draw?
- Is selection decentralized?
- Do I have the right profile?
HAVE YOU DONE SO?
- Enroll via Studielink before the deadline. Studielink is a national database where all applications to Dutch institutions of higher educations are administrated. It is important to enroll as early as possible, not only so that UT can process your application on time, but also so that you have time to participate in any final study orientation activities. And so that you ultimately make the right choice.
- Step 5: Sign up
If you have enrolled for a programme at UT via Studielink before the deadline, it is possible that the programme board invites you to participate in a mandatory or voluntary matching activity. Think of this as a final study check. The activity may be different for each programme. This is because the various programme boards at UT decide for themselves what the matching activity includes and whether participation is mandatory.
- Step 6: Make the match
If you have signed up before 1 May (VISA students) or 1 July (non-VISA students), you will receive an invitation to take part in a study choice check. This is a final check aimed at helping you and our programme staff to see whether you have made the right choice. This check is mandatory for some programmes.