University College Twente
This Honours Bachelor’s programme in Technology and Liberal Arts & Sciences (ATLAS) is aimed at bright and exceptionally curious, socially-engaged and technically-minded individuals who are determined to make the world a better place. If you consider yourself imaginative and self-reliant, we encourage you to apply for ATLAS programme.
Eligibility is limited to students with the talent, ambition and academic ability to perform well in multiple academic fields, including Engineering, Technology, Business and Behavioural Science, and who are not afraid to engage in teamwork. We realize that a traditional school transcript does not fully describe a student’s potential. Therefore, if you do not (fully) meet the formal requirements but can substantiate your application in another way – challenge us! We look forward to reviewing your application as well.
- Secondary education degree with high final grades in Mathematics and one of the Science subjects (preferably in Physics). Secondary education must be comparable to the Dutch Voorbereidend Wetenschappelijk Onderwijs (VWO) diploma.
If you are currently undergoing the studies at the secondary school outside the Netherlands, and are wondering whether your diploma will give you an entry to the Dutch higher education - see the overview on foreign secondary school diplomas that are considered to be comparable to Dutch VWO diploma.
- High level of English proficiency
- If your secondary education level is comparable to the Dutch VWO diploma, you can submit your final grade in English to prove your English language proficiency. This grade must be at least 75% of the maximum score. Additionally your English language skills may be tested during the selection procedure.
- If your secondary education level is not comparable to the Dutch VWO diploma or your final grade in English does not meet the required level, you must provide one of the English language test scores:
- IELTS (overall band score): 7.0
- TOEFL internet based test: 100
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE): C
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): C
- Native English speakers* as well as applicants with an International Baccalaureate or European Baccalaureate diploma are exempt from the English language proficiency requirement.
*Nationals of United Sates of America, United Kingdom, Canada (English-speaking part), Australia, New Zealand and the Republic of Ireland.
Be aware that application and selection procedures, matching procedure and application deadlines to apply for the Bachelor's programme Technology and Liberal Arts & Sciences (ATLAS) differ from the regular procedures and deadlines for other educational programmes at the University of Twente.