This Bachelor’s Programme in Technology and Liberal Arts & Sciences (ATLAS) is aimed at bright and exceptionally curious, socially-engaged and technically-minded individuals who are determined to make the world a better place. If you consider yourself imaginative and self-reliant, we encourage you to apply for the ATLAS programme.
Eligibility is open to students with the talent, ambition and academic ability to perform well in multiple academic fields, including Engineering, Technology, Business and Behavioural Science, and who are not afraid to engage in teamwork. We realize that a traditional school transcript does not fully describe a student’s potential. Therefore, if you do not (fully) meet the formal requirements but can substantiate your application in another way – challenge us! We look forward to reviewing your application.
Be aware that application and selection procedures and application deadlines to apply for the Bachelor's programme Technology and Liberal Arts & Sciences (ATLAS) differ from the regular procedures and deadlines for other educational programmes at the University of Twente.
1. Secondary education degree with high final grades in Mathematics and one of the Science subjects (preferably in Physics). Secondary education must be comparable to the Dutch Voorbereidend Wetenschappelijk Onderwijs (VWO) diploma.
Outside the Netherland? Find out here if your diploma is equivalent.
2. High level of English proficiency
- If you have a Dutch VWO diploma1you can submit your final grade in English to prove your English language proficiency. This grade must be at least 75% of the maximum score. Additionally your English language skills may be tested during the selection procedure.
- If your secondary education level is not the Dutch VWO diploma or your final grade in English does not meet the required level, you must provide one of the English language test scores:
- IELTS (overall band score): 7.0TOEFL internet based test: 100Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE): CCambridge English: Advanced (CAE): C
- Native English speakers2as well as applicants with an International Baccalaureate or European Baccalaureate diploma are exempt from the English language proficiency requirement.
1Here is a link to Diploma's and English proficiency scores that are considered equivalent to the Dutch VWO diplomas.
2Nationals of United Sates of America, United Kingdom, Canada (English-speaking part), Australia, New Zealand and the Republic of Ireland.