The motivation letter is a personal statement in which you explain why you wish to study at University College Twente and why you want to follow the ATLAS programme. It is also an opportunity for you to convince us why you want to be here.
The letter of motivation will be your personal introduction to the Board of Admissions, explaining who you are, what motivates you and what motivates you to study at the University College Twente (specifically). This is a very important document in the admission process and it is important that you present yourself in a representative and reflective way.
Before writing your Letter of Motivation you should carefully read about the ATLAS programme at the UCT:
- Consider, what is the ATLAS programme?
- What it means to you to combine Technology and Liberal Arts?
- What you plan on bringing to the community?
Your Letter of Motivation should:
- Include your name
- Written in English
- Be max 2 pages
In your Letter of Motivation you should address these topics:
- Who you are, what motivates you?
- Why do you want to study at the UCT?
- What do you find most interesting about the Programme and why?
- What motivates your choices in life?
- Self-reflection: name one thing in your life that you are very proud of and one important learning experience.
- UCT is a residential college, what will you contribute to our student community? Do you see challenges and/or advantages in living and studying in a residential college?