The motivation letter is a personal statement in which you explain why you wish to study at University College Twente and why you want to follow the ATLAS programme. It is an opportunity for you to convince us why you are a good match with the programme.
The letter of motivation will be your personal introduction to the Board of Admissions, explaining who you are, what motivates you and what motivates you to study at the University College Twente (specifically). This is a very important document in the admission process and it is important that you present yourself in a representative and reflective way. Make the letter a personal one.
Before writing your Letter of Motivation, carefully read about the ATLAS programme at the UCT, especially considering the following:
- What is the ATLAS programme all about?
- What is the ATLAS educational approach?
- What is the ATLAS community?
Your Letter of Motivation should:
- Include your full name
- Be written in English
- Be max 2 pages
In your Letter of Motivation, address these topics:
- Considering the challenges the world is facing today, what is one you would like to work on? In what role?
- The ATLAS programme integrates advances in technology and social sciences. How do you see such integration bringing benefit to this challenge?
- How does the ATLAS programme fit your study ambitions or dreams for your future?
- Explain how the ATLAS educational approach learning will fit your way of learning. What do you, as a student, perceive as a challenge in the ATLAS programme?
- What will you, as a person, bring to the ATLAS community?