For September 2018, you can start your application process, via Studielink as of 1 October 2017.
For September 2019, you can start your application process, via Studielink as of 1 October 2018.
If you wish to join the University College Twente to study our bachelor’s programme in Technology and Liberal Arts and Sciences (ATLAS), you can apply for admission to ATLAS programme via Studielink - the national database where all applications to Dutch institutes of higher education are processed. Follow this step-by-step guide to apply to the ATLAS programme:
Step 1: Go to www.studielink.nl and create your account. To do so, you must fill in your personal details and details of your prior education.
Step 2: Fill in the online application form in Studielink to apply for ATLAS programme. The ATLAS programme is listed at the University of Twente programme list as ‘Technology and Liberal Arts & Sciences - Bachelor’.
Step 3: After registering at the Studielink you will be asked to send in your application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We will only review after all documents below are submitted. Once you have submitted all of your documentation, the Board of Admission of the University College Twente will be able to assess and review them. In some cases you may be asked to provide additional letter(s) of recommendation from your secondary school.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): tell a little bit about yourself, please make sure to follow the guidelines.
- Motivation letter: explaining the reasons for applying and your suitability for the University College Twente (follow the guidelines).
- Diploma and transcript of records: Send us a certified copy of your most recent secondary school transcript translated into English (or in Dutch). We are aware in most cases you will receive your secondary school diploma and your final exam scores in the summer. Should you be admitted you will have to provide a certified hard copy of your diploma if you wish to be enrolled and before your final acceptance into the program. (Items submitted during the application process are only supporting documents. Certified copies sent in for enrollment must have a certified signature and stamp to qualify)
- Proof of English language proficiency: see the admission requirements.
- Copy of your passport or ID*
Note: the item marked with an asterisk (*) is not relevant for students with a Dutch VWO diploma.
- Takes minimum 2 weeks to process and review documents.
- You will then be informed about the outcome of your document evaluation.
- Selected candidates are invited to come to our selection day here at the University College Twente. For those candidates living outside of the Netherlands we have online selections available to you.
- Final decision is made with a letter of acceptance. You are then only formally enrolled with the submission of your final certified copy of your diploma and transcript (as well as any other documents you may be asked to provide), English proficiency scores and payments of tuition.
The final application deadline for admission to University College Twente:
- 1 May for candidates coming from non-EU/EEA countries. If you miss the final application deadline, your application will be placed on a waiting list.
- 1 June for candidates coming from EU/EEA countries. If you miss the final application deadline, your application will be placed on a waiting list.
Be aware that candidates coming from non-EU/EEA countries must meet the final application deadline due to the time-consuming VISA and residence permit procedures. Our International Office will assist you with all the procedures for your entry VISA and residence permit.
Only completed applications will be considered during the entire admission process.