are you a prospective, international student who doesn't meet the admission requirements? a foundation year is a possibility!
The University of Twente offers you the opportunity to take a international foundation year after which you will be admissible to our English-taught Bachelor's programmes. The one-year programme combines academic study, English language training and study skills to prepare you for degree-level study.
You will be able to follow a foundation year under the following conditions:
- You want to enter an English taught undergraduate programme at the University of Twente
- You are not eligible to enter the programme directly
- You hold or will hold a high school diploma with good grades
- You hold or will hold an English language certificate with an IELTS score of 5.0 minimally (or equivalent other tests)
- You are 16 years old or above
Visit our official Foundation year partner to read more about your possibilities and the next steps!
NOTE: If you pass the Twente Pathway College International Foundation Year successfully, you have guaranteed admissibility to the Bachelor’s programme you chose. During the Twente Pathway College International Foundation Year, there will be possibilities to retake any failed exams and the support team will carefully monitor your study progress and offer guidance when required. Students are only allowed to stay in the Netherlands for one year of preparation education. After this you need to be enrolled at a higher education institution in the Netherlands otherwise your visa to study will no longer be valid. When you do not pass your Twente Pathway College International Foundation Year successfully, there will be no option to start your studies at the University of Twente.