Choosing a bachelor’s programme is an important decision in your life. The University of Twente advises you to properly familiarize yourself with our study offer and then examine the English-taught bachelor’s programmes you are interested in. We offer the following English Taught bachelor's programmes.
This plan lists the steps that can help you find a bachelor’s programme that truly suits you. We hope that, in this way, you will not have any doubts about your choice in the future and that you really are in the right place with the programme of your choice. Don’t decide too quickly that you know what you want. Take time to discover whether the programme and the university really suit you.
Gather information about yourself. What are you passionate about? What do you like? What do you do well? What do you have a talent for? Think carefully about what you need to do to find out as much as possible.
- Write down where your interests and talents lie
- Talk to your study counsellor at school
- Perform a specialization test, such as studiekeuze123 (for Dutch students only)
- Ask your counsellor for information about the University of Twente we provide to all schools. University of Twente students may come and visit your school and tell you about the various bachelor’s programmes and possibilities, and what it is like to study at the University of Twente (for Dutch students only)
- Pre-U offers a variety of exploratory specialization activities to find out where your interests lie. You can, for example, follow a master class in which you explore a particular theme. We can also provide you with help in performing your subject cluster assignment (for Dutch students only)
What do you consider is important in a programme? And which university suits you best? Make a list for yourself and explore further. Consider, for example, the content of the programme, the teaching method, career prospects, but also the atmosphere at the faculty and the university. Everyone explores this their own way. Do you already know what programme you want to follow, but are undecided about what university to go to? Then visit our Bachelor’s Open Days and continue to step 3 to explore further possibilities. Are you looking for an extra challenge? Check out our honours programmes. If you are not yet entirely sure which programme or university suits you, read our tips below.
GATHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE BACHELOR'S PROGRAMMES
- Visit the bachelor’s programme websites of colleges and universities
- Visit the University of Twente bachelor’s programme websites
- Request a digital brochure for the University of Twente bachelor's programmes
ASK QUESTIONS AND VISIT
- Chat, call or email our Study Information Centre
- Meet our representatives at education fairs abroad. Perhaps, University of Twente is visiting your country to introduce students with our educational programmes.
- Visit our international Bachelor’s Open Day: A visit allows you to obtain preliminary information about what the programme of your choice entails, how the curriculum is structured, what specializations there are, for what jobs you will be trained and what your options are on the labour market. In addition, you can taste the atmosphere at the University of Twente and its faculties so you get a better picture.
- Especially for girls in grades 4 and 5 of VWO pre-university education, we organize the High Tech High Tea. During this activity, you will become aware of the range of and the possibilities in the field of science and technology, and how other girls arrived at their choice of educational programme (for Dutch students only).
Have you found bachelor’s programmes that are suited to your interests and abilities? Then compare the programmes. Examine the different programmes and find out what university you really feel at home at. We recommend that you do this by:
- Visiting our international Bachelor’s Open Day and speaking to students and lecturers. The Open Days provide you with an opportunity to better explore the programme of your choice.
- Next, attend an individual orientation day- a Student for a day programme- to experience for yourself what it is like to follow the bachelor’s programme of your choice, by accompanying a student.
If you still have any questions, ask them!
- Chat, call or email our Study Information Centre
- Contact the study advisor of the programme in question
Have you performed various study orientation activities? Have you received sufficient information? Then determine which programme suits you best. And above all follow your own feelings; after all, it is ultimately your choice.
Before you enrol for a programme before the deadline, it is important to first ask yourself a few questions:
- Have I adequately prepared myself?
- Does admission to my programme of choice involve a draw?
- Is selection decentralized?
- Do I have the right profile?
HAVE YOU DONE SO?
- Enrol via Studielink before the deadline. Studielink is a national database where all applications to Dutch institutions of higher educations are administrated. It is important to enroll as early as possible, not only so that the UT can process your application on time, but also so that you have time to participate in any final study orientation activities. And so that you ultimately make the right choice.
If you have enrolled for a programme at the University of Twente via Studielink before the deadline, it is possible that the programme board invites you to participate in a mandatory or voluntary matching activity. Think of this as a final study check. The activity may be different for each programme. This is because the various programme boards at the University of Twente decide for themselves what the matching activity includes and whether participation is mandatory.