What research is possible at designlab?
Designlab offers a platform for researchers with design-based questions, who wish to cooperate and translate science through design to society on a multidisciplinary level. Researchers who are conducting research on design processes and on societal impact of technology can find a place here.
The broad perspective “Science2Design4Society” is a central point in the research in DesignLab. That’s why we strive for an optimal balance in the involvement of researchers from different faculties, disciplines and institutes. Dedicated international teaching- and research-teams create an atmosphere where cutting-edge nano-, bio-, robo-, cogno- and info- technology are confronted with social sciences and humanities, through real world design challenges.
What is expected for a research project in DesignLab?
DesignLab University of Twente invites researchers from all disciplines to enter the funnel that leads to meaningful findings, products and services, to realize the university's ambition to connect 'high-tech' to 'human touch'. We expect the research projects to fit with the DesignLab's philosophy: scientific, design-based, multidisciplinary, and strive to answer appeals from society.
How can I bring in my research project into DesignLab?
There are different ways you can bring your own multidisciplinary research project into DesignLab:
- a workspace where for your visiting Professors or fellows can work and connect to other researchers (please contact us);
- a facility to do your user testing or be part of one that a colleague is doing (please contact us);
- a Science2Design4Society research method (also available in a workshop) that helps you connect social sciences to technical sciences (please contact us);
- stop by, meet and connect with other researchers and students in our creative space and get inspiration from different disciplines;
- drop in and make use of the workshops to make rapid prototypes of your idea's.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions, contact info can be found here.
How can I participate in a research project?
We always welcome students to work on research projects in DesignLab. However, we would suggest you to find a staff member in your project first and get yourself introduced!
DesignLab research is focused on the research of design, for design, and through design.