learn about twelve most important dutch values
Professionals from all over the world have moved to the Netherlands for their work. Many of them experience that working with the Dutch and in a Dutch organization is quite different from what they were used to and from time to time it might be complicated. This course helps you to understand Dutch culture, focusing on the working environment, and to solve cross-cultural issues that may be impeding you from making a successful career in the Netherlands. The course will involve cognitive, affective and behavioral learning techniques. Participants of this course can expect to get an introduction to the theory about cultures; they will be learning the twelve most important Dutch values and how this cultural logic guides the behaviour of the Dutch in practice. Part of the course will be a reflection on your own national culture in order to better understand the potential clashes with Dutch people or managers. There are a number of group assignments and one individual assignment. Participants are expected to bring with them a cross-cultural issue they have been experiencing with the Dutch and want to solve.
- Being able to recognize typical Dutch behaviour and understand the logic behind
- Knowing how to (re)act effectively in (nasty) cross-cultural situations with the Dutch
2-day course package:
- Course participation and course material
- Overnight stay at the UPark Hotel on the University of Twente campus
- 1x Buffet-style breakfast
- 2x Buffet-style lunch
- 1x 3-course dinner or dinner buffet & 2 dinner drinks
- Unlimited tea, coffee, water and soft drinks
- Free use of fast and secure Wi-Fi
- Free use of power banks for mobile phones
- Free parking
Personal expenses like travel costs (plane ticket, train ticket, etc.), travel and health insurance and other expenses are not included in the fee. For more details check our terms and conditions.
If you need more information regarding this course, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org