6 June 2018
This training will be paid from central funds.
1st day: no maximum; 2nd day: 15 participants
Ir. Erik Prins, independent advisor and Dr.ir. Aya van den Kroonenberg, senior grants consultant.
Course materials will be provided before and during the training.
Researchers (max. 3 years after promotion upon submission deadline, which is the first week of January 2019) with a competitive CV and an innovative research idea who consider applying for an NWO-VENI grant. Extensions for sick leave and children may apply for candidates.
This training is given by external consultants and is organized and paid centrally. In addition, Arend Zomer (https://www.utwente.nl/en/intranet/grants/) and each faculty provide support for VIDI candidates.
Faculty contact person:
BMS: Prof.dr. Ariana Need
EWI: Prof.dr. Nelly Litvak
ET: Dr.ir Timo Meinders
ITC: Dr.ing. Tom Rientjes
TNW: Prof.dr.ir. Wiendelt Steenbergen
Increasing your chances in acquiring a VIDI grant by:
- Learning about the procedures and the evaluation criteria for the NWO VIDI grant
- Presenting your CV specifically for the VIDI grant.
- Writing a sound VIDI proposal that can be submitted to NWO
- Explanation of the evaluation criteria and procedures of the Vernieuwingsimpuls;
- Development and critical assessment of the innovativeness and feasibility of your VIDI project idea;
- CV evaluation and presentation;
- Writing a solid VIDI-grant proposal;
- Training of your presentation skills specifically for the VIDI-committee (when you reach the interview round).
DURATION AND TIME INVESTMENT
- One day introduction to the VIDI; procedures, evaluation criteria, do’s & don’ts;
- Half-day group feedback session (with trainer and Arend Zomer) on your draft proposal.
In addition to the VIDI training, Arend Zomer organises, together with the faculties, faculty-based support for the VIDI candidates which includes a CV check, a bibliometrics session, group meetings to discuss the draft proposals and a review committee in which the final drafts will be reviewed by laureates and ex-committee members of the VENI.
If you reach the interview round you can contact Arend Zomer to receive a presentation training from an external consultant and an internal mock interview.
- Day 1, the introductory training day is open for all researchers up to 8 years after their promotion.
- Fifteen candidates will be selected for the 2nd day. During this 2nd training day candidates will receive feedback on their VIDI draft. Selection of the candidates will occur after the first training day based on CV and proposal idea.
Selected course is not available.