Wednesday 3 October 2018
Time and Place
9.00 to 17.00 in building Drienerburght
Course participation is free of cost for individual employees. However, you do need permission from your head of department.
Maximum 12 participants
Drs. Cees Harmsen, senior consultant, coach and practitioner in the area of Human Resource Development.
Course materials will be provided during the training.
For English-speaking professional Scientists from the UT.
- The workshop Personal Branding and Pitching deals with the gentle art of selling yourself as a distinctive researcher in a competitive environment.
- The main objective of this program is to provide scientists with the necessary knowledge and skills to present themselves as a personal brand in their field of interest.
- In this course you will learn to use psychological techniques that will enhance the impact of your professional reputation within a specific target group.
- The end result will be that you are able to promote yourself and your ideas in the best possible way. We will first discuss some commonly made mistakes and misunderstandings about personal branding and than introduce a unique branding concept.
- This will be followed by exercises to formulate your own brand, as well as present it lively and attractively.
The fundamentals of personal branding;
- four revolutions that will change your work life;
- the personal branding matrix ©;
- exercises to develop your own brand;
- learning to optimize your talents;
- pitching with authenticity.
DURATION AND TIME INVESTMENT
One day from 9.00 to 17.00