You will have:
- A better picture of your own strengths and competences
- Expanded your behavioral repertoire with relevant new competencies, such as time management, (intercultural) communication, negotiating, teamwork and presenting
- Learned how to become owner of your PhD trajectory
- Formulated a plan with concrete actions for your work
Block I: Personal leadership
- Managing your own time
Working process: Brief theoretical introductions, alternated with many practical exercises.
Block II: Effective Communication
- Persuasive communication
- Communication with your supervisor
- Intercultural communication
Working process: Exercises and discussions in small groups.
Block III: Presenting and profiling
Working process: Presenting is doing. Therefore participants will hold a short presentation about their research. Each participant receives extensive personal feedback and instructions on how the presentation can be improved; both from the trainer and the other participants.
You will practice with:
- Clarity and conciseness
- A captivating introduction and a powerful conclusion
- Effective PowerPoint slides
- Contact with your audience
- Dealing with anxiety