In this beginners course participants will acquire a basic knowledge of Dutch, approximately CEF-level A1
Method used: Nederlands in gang (chapters 1-8)
- Dutch grammar and conventions
- Basic vocabulary
- Speaking about everyday situations
Online interaction: For some of the assignments, all students will have direct contact with the teacher. These meetings will be held at fixed times in weeks 2, 5 and 8 of the course and will last 30 minutes. Time differences will be taken into account while planning these meetings, so they will be spread over various days and times. In addition to these meetings, the teacher will be available via chat, e-mail or Skype during the course.
To practice speaking skills the participants will be given assignments that they can complete in pairs, in small groups or individually with SpeakApps and Skype.
You will also get feedback on three writing assignments.
Duration: 12 weeks (8 with supervision)
Time investment: 8-10 hours each week.
For a smooth registration procedure it is necessary to also register at the website of the RUG. Please do so immediately after the UT-registration for this course (at the bottom of this page).
Registration in Groningen:
- - Via this link you can choose your course and register online.
- - as a method of payment please choose “Payment guarantee” and mention the University of Twente.
- - if it’s your first registration for a RUG-course, please make an account before you enroll.