- This course is closely related to competence 2 (part supervising) of the UTQ. After this course you are able to:
- describe the complete graduation process and accompanying (different) roles of the supervisor;
- explain the importance of expressing expectations, planning and structured meetings in a graduation process, including the content of the planning and meetings;
- articulate your vision on supervising and can translate it into concrete activities as a supervisor;
- apply different styles and techniques in supervising graduate students.
During the course we will pay attention to the following topics: planning of a graduation project, first meeting with the student, role and style of supervisor, expectations of supervisor and student, active listening, giving feedback and motivation
Of course we also pay attention to your specific questions.
Preparation: exercises and assignments, reading course material,
In course: assignments (both individual and group), discussions, role plays